Imagine Growing Up With Loki

Minutes passed, the sound of only the wind blowing made you nervous as you sit behind a wooden box. At every sound you flinch, fear of what is going to come; but are relieved instead seeing that it is not what is unnerving you. Unexpectedly, you feel someone start tickling you from behind. "Loki!" You call out, laughing. Loki only laughed, his adolescent voice echoing through the corridor. "No!" He shouted laughing. "Loki, stop! I can't breath!" You laugh loudly. Loki backs away, sighing. You sit, laying on your back as you strive to regain your breath. "Just because it is my tenth birthday does not mean I want you to tickle me." You state, standing up; doing your best to not smile. Loki looks at you innocently. "I know" he crooned smirking. "Since it is your birthday, how about we prank someone?" Loki inquired, hopeful you would say 'yes'. You thought for a moment. "Hmmmm..." You hummed wondering whether or not to say yes. Loki watched you nervously. "Yes" you giggled, causing Loki to break into a wide grin. He grabbed hold of your hand (which surprised you) and lead you down the corridor. Loki lead you into a closet, shutting the door behind you. "What are we doing?" You inquired, puzzled. Loki shushed you putting his finger to his mouth. Loki hovered his hands over the wall, making it transparent. Your jaw dropped as you watched in awe. "Only we can see them." Loki crooned, watching you as you advance to it. "Who taught you this?" You inquired, glancing up at him. "My mother." Loki replied, smiling bashfully. You watched as Thor walks into the room; with Sif behind him. Thor and Sif uncomfortably look at each other. Until, suddenly, Thor leans in and pathetically attempts to kiss her! Sif immediately pushed him away and huffed in a fit of rage; while Thor had a confused and oblivious look on his face. Loki and you strived to hold back your laughter. Loki took down the illusion and laughed uncontrollably. "Poor Thor" you giggled. Loki sighed, calming down. "I could do it better than him." He stated proudly, not realizing what he had just said; until he noticed the blush upon your cheeks, causing him to blush as well. "Oh" you simply state, becoming more serious. Slowly, Loki advanced to you bringing his lips to your own...but was interrupted by a voice calling his name. "Loki!" A voice called out. Loki blushed a deep red. He shyly waved goodbye, then ran out of the closet. "What's got you blushing, boy?" Odin firmly inquired. Loki was silent, too bashful to speak. Frigga embraced Loki and chuckled. "I don't think he'll tell us." Frigga said grinning, as she stroked his raven black hair.
You sat on a bench in the palace gardens, writing gracefully in your journal that Loki had given to you on your most recent birthday. Both you and Loki were now adults, still the best of friends; yet something seemed different. Loki had been more absent lately; he is also more melancholy than usual. You sighed closing your journal, gazing down at the village in the distance. You hear a voice clear their throat behind you. You stand up immediately and smile; Loki was right before you. "Hello" Loki crooned grinning as he sat down; gesturing you to sit next to him, in which you did. Loki leaned over to your ear, "how about we play a prank? Just like the old days..." Loki crooned in your ear, his deep and breathy voice mesmerizing you. "Yeah! That'd be fun." You giggled grinning from ear to ear. Loki grabbed hold of your hand, then began to escort you to the palace. "Who are we pranking?" You inquired, excited to finally being alone with Loki again. "Shhh" Loki shushed bringing his finger to his lips. He quietly opened the doors to the library and shut them behind him after you strolled inside. You furrowed your eyebrows, puzzled. Loki smirked as he lead you to the window. Unexpectedly, he grabbed hold of your waist and lifted you up to the window sill. He pushed himself up and sat next to you. "Loki, what is going on?" You inquired, looking at him. "Well," Loki said clearing his throat, "I thought maybe we could finish that kiss we never got to do all those years back..." Loki crooned gazing into your eyes, as a light blush came over his cheeks. You smiled, waiting for him to kiss you. Loki hesitantly leaned down and gently pressed his thin lips against your own. Loki slowly lifted both his hands to cup your cheeks; then pulled away. He looked anxiously into your eyes, worried of what you may be thinking. You laid your head on his shoulder and sighed. "Loki ever since that day, we wanted to prank Thor but never finished because he kissed Sif," you said as you and Loki both giggled at the memory, "and when you tried to kiss me, knew I loved you; that you were the one." Loki got down off the window sill and gazed up at you, grasping your hands gently. "Me too," Loki softly spoke as a huge grin came across his face, "marry me" he stated becoming serious. You began to well with tears; and so did he. "Yes" you choke out, as Loki pulled you into his embrace; spinning you. Loki kissed your nose, and pulled away chuckling joyfully.