Imagine Sherlock Investigating Who Attempted To Murder You P2

You were astonished at the sight before you. Your body trembling out of fear from his touch. "Y/n, Y/n! Stay with me! John do something, you're a doctor!" Sherlock shouted harshly to John, his hand resting on your cheek.
"I-I fear this is out of my range, Sherlock. I-I am calling the police." John stuttered, striving to stay calm.
John frantically dialed his phone and
spoke with the police, who contacted the Hospital after he had hung up. "John, help ease the pain!" Sherlock yelled, in a demanding tone. "Sherlock," you croaked hoarsely, "I feel sick." John instantly felt your forehead, you were burning with a fever. "Sherlock, distract her. Get her mind off of this as we wait." John commanded as he went behind you and rested your head on his lap, in which he laid his jacket on in hopes to keep you warm. Sherlock removed his jacket and placed it on top of you. "Sher-lock" you muttered, striving to reach for his hand. Sherlock immediately grabbed your hand and squeezed it. "Y/n, remember when we first met?" Sherlock crooned. "Yeah...I was selling flowers on the side of the street." You choked out, coughing violently. "Yes, and you told me your favorite and I bought you two dozens of them." Sherlock giggled, sniffling and shivering from the cold. "Peonies" you mouthed, your mind slowly forgetting about the pain. Thankfully, the ambulance pulled down the alleyway, and the pain came back in a wave. "Ah!" You called out, cringing. Quickly, the doctors and nurses all lifted you to the gurney and rushed you to the car.
Days-that felt like months-past by and you laid peacefully in the hospital bed (your cold now gone, only the sniffles remained). John sat next to you in one of the chairs, reading; but, Sherlock was no where to be found? You opened your eyes, puzzled. "John..." You croaked, causing him to look up from his book. John smiled kindly at you. "Where is Sherlock?" You inquired sleepily. "He is out somewhere. I'm not exactly sure, but he'll be back soon." John advised you. "Okay" you sighed, shifting in the bed. You gasped at the sudden pain, it was sharp but did not linger. John got up from his chair and sat on the edge of your bed. "Don't move, you had a pretty intense surgery a few days ago. You need rest." John crooned. "I had a surgery?" You inquired, puzzled. "There were-uh-shards of the knife inside of you. They needed to be removed immediately. Therefore, no moving for a week at the most." John informed you, fixing the blankets on your bed. You nodded, your eyes drooping from weariness. "Get some sleep" John crooned, then got up and sat back down in his chair.
Four more days passed, and there was still no sign of Sherlock. You inquired of him constantly. "John, please contact him." You begged, sitting up in your bed. John sighed, fumbling with his phone. "I must speak with him!" You implored, desperately. John sighed, then dialed Sherlock.
An hour later Sherlock creeped inside the room. John left you and him alone. "Why did you take so long to see me, Sherlock?" You inquired, sniffling. "Y/n," Sherlock began, "I-I was trying to find the man who attempted to murder you." You gazed up at him, his eyes filled with concern. "You don't have to do that..." You trailed off, adverting your gaze from him. "Y/n. I must find him," Sherlock firmly stated, "I cannot let that wretch go off and kill someone else!" You flinched, glancing up at him. "...and you enjoy the thrill of it all." You mumbled, rubbing your right eye. Sherlock slowly came and sat on the edge of the bed. "Y/n, please, I am going to do this. Don't worry about me." Sherlock crooned, grabbing hold of your hand. You nodded and sniffled, wiping away an unexpected tear. Sherlock loudly cleared his throat. "Did you try walking today?" He inquired. You look up at him. "Yeah, John helped me and another nurse," you sighed, "I only strolled around the halls for ten minutes or so with them." You rubbed his hand with your thumb, as you now gazed up at him. "Was it hard?" Sherlock inquired. "Very." You responded. "Well, I ought to go now." Sherlock stated, standing up. You nodded. He leaned down and pecked your forehead sweetly. "Goodbye" you said, unable to look at him now. "Goodbye."