Imagine Tom Going To War Part 2

Weeks had passed. Tom and that man stayed in the small shack, never going outside. Small amounts of food and water made Tom weaker and weaker, his ribs were visible and his arms were thin. The good news is that his wound had healed. "Drink up" the man said handing him a small tin with water in it. "Thank you" Tom replies. "My pleasure" the man said. "I contacted the general, he's coming soon, to take you home." He informs him. Tom smiled weakly and let his head rest against the hard, fading wood. "What about you?" He inquires looking at him. "Nah, I'm staying. I still have my priories to take care of." The man chuckled advancing to Tom. He kneeled to his side and placed a blanket on top of him. "Do you have a family back home?" Tom inquires in hopes to spark a conversation. "No." He responds adverting his gaze to the floor. Suddenly, the door bursted open and the general came in. "It's time to go home" he quickly says, "people are following and a plane just landed about a mile away. We must move now. Sergeant Barnes, you must stay here so we don't risk your safety." The general informed them as he came to Tom and helped his weak and vulnerable body to its feet. "Be safe" Sergeant Barnes said. "I will" Tom replies, and off they went.
You sat on your front porch, swinging gently of the bench. The sun was setting, the sky painted with various shades of oranges and reds, and clouds scattered across the sky. An army truck came to a stop in front on your home, and a man who was the general stepped from it and came up to the porch. "Mrs. Hiddleston, would you mind coming with me?" He inquires. "Of course" you reply, wondering what he was taking you to. He escorted you to the large truck and gestured you to step inside. You did, and to your surprise, Tom was asleep across the seat. "Tom" you gasp and rush to his side. You kneeled down and stroked his soft hair. You noticed how thin he had become. "What happened?" You inquire looking back at the general who stood outside the truck. "He was shot weeks ago, Sergeant Barnes saved him and somehow kept him alive for the pass 4 weeks." He states. Tom's eyes flicker open, and a wide smile appears on his face. "Y/n" he said. He pushed himself up and hugged you. "I missed you" he whispers. "I missed you too" you say as you begin to cry. Tom leaned back far enough so he could rest his forehead on yours. "Please don't ever go to war again." You beg. "Please." Tom rubbed his nose against yours. "I won't ever go back, darling." He says, then kissed you, passionately yet gently.