Imagine Sebastian Breaking Into Your Home Part 1

The night was dark and gloomy, in your town it was rare for this type of weather. The wind howled outside your window, giving you an uneasy feeling. Every now and then lighting would strike. "One...two...three...four..." You would count every second until you heard the thunder roar. "Four miles away." You thought then waited for the next one. Suddenly, a loud bang came from the hallway of your one story home. You quickly sit up, your hand ready to grab the baseball bat under your bed at any given moment. The floor creaked, as if someone was in there. You swiftly gripped onto the baseball bat and crept to the door leading to the hallway. You opened it and saw the silhouette of a man. Carefully and quietly, you placed the bat on the floor then jumped on the mans back and put your hand over his mouth. He mumbled and stumbled around the room until he came in contact with the couch and fell over it. Luckily, you landed on him and pinned his arms to the ground. "What are you doing in my home?" You harshly inquired, especially since you are very impatient at this time of night. "I-I'm sorry. I just w-wanted to eat." He stuttered, his hands shaking. You furrowed your eyebrows and cautiously stood up. You turned on a lamp and finally saw his face. His hair filled with dirt, his face had a small drops of blood on his right cheek, and his ribs were visible. You looked at him, surprised at the sight before you. "...how?" You inquired advancing towards him. "Last week, my-my brother kicked me out of his home. I was living with him but now that he is married, he doesn't want me there anymore. I have no money, at least any I can get out of the bank since my brother's wife locked me out of it saying that I am too immature. Now I have been stealing food, not very well though." He explained, the pain and fear evident in his voice. You pushed back his unbuttoned flannel shirt and felt his shoulder, it was cold and weak. "Here, I'll get you something to eat. Sit down." You state and help him to the couch. Once he sat down he moaned, as if it pained him to bend his body like that. You grabbed a folded blanket that was on the coffee table and wrapped it around him. "Stay warm, I'll be right back." You stated and headed to the kitchen. Quietly, you pulled out a pot and placed it on the stove then filled it with some soup. You turned on the gas burner and stirred it. You looked back at him and watched him fumble with the blanket, then quickly glanced at you. You smiled the went back to your cooking. You tasted it with a spoon and perceived it to be done. After throwing the spoon into the sink you poured some soup into a bowl. "Here" you said handing it to him. "Thank you" he replied and began to eat it. It was obvious he was starving, not only from the look about him, but of how fast he was eating too. "It's good" he commented, but it turned into a cough, as if one of the vegetables hit the back of his throat. He went into a fit of coughing, he covered his mouth with his fist. You saw how it scared him. You take the soup from his hand and place it on the coffee table then gently rubbed his back. "Shhhh" you said wrapping your other arm around him so you could rub his weak arm. Thankfully, his coughing calmed down, only he sat staring as if he was embarrassed. "How about we slowly get back to eating, okay?" You suggest and look at him. "Okay." He agreed looking up at you. "What's your name?" You inquired pushing the stray strands of hair from his eyes. "Sebastian. And you?" He responded. You backed away and leaned against the couch. "Y/n" you replied. He leaned against the couch as well. "Um-thank you." He stated as he snuggled up into the fluffy blanket. You smiled at him. "Have you slept recently?" You asked as you saw the tiredness in his eyes. "No." He responded. You stand up and gesture him to lay down; in which he did. You got down on your knees and pulled of his muddy boots and socks and placed them on the hard wood floor that was behind the couch; better than ruining the carpet, right? "You can stay here as long as you like. And don't feel like you need to be up at a certain time. You need to read." You state standing up. He smiled and pulled the blanket up to his neck, his feet hanging over the arm of the couch, and his head on a throw pillow. "Goodnight." You said then started to walk away. "Goodnight" he responded then soon fell into a deep sleep.