Chapter 2

Dinhe

I was invited to preside over the prayer ritual of the Alpha Cameron. I was really curious to meet him in person as being old I couldn't use much of the latest technology and preferred to speak to him on phone. My hearing and vision abilities were still good for my age. My wolf had grown old and shifting was not so frequent.

I am from the Sauk Tribe of the South Western hemisphere. And my mate who passed away just 10 years back at 260 was from the South Eastern Hemisphere, a rarity in those times, but I was one among the few who was like that.

So to give my blessing and to meet the Alpha I was invited tonight.

I was dressed in my fine traditional tribe clothes and gathered around the fire where all main members of the tribe were present. I was given a warm welcome and sat at the head chair for the guest and was given flowers by the Beta Jake's wife Sarah. And then I was greeted by the parents and other members (all elders) of the Apache tribe.

And then walks in Alpha Cam (Cameron) in his tribe's finest attire. My, the boy was really handsome. If my granddaughters were not all mated, I would've definitely hoped one of them were mated to him. He came to me and folded his hands and bowed his head in respect. Then he asked me if I was doing good and if the journey was pleasant or not. I answered in affirmative and the boy then excused himself to speak to other members of his clan. And I was observing him, he seemed to have a decent behavior and was not rude or arrogant despite being an Alpha and even joked with his team and was in general pleasant with everyone and everyone seemed to be at ease with him.

He seemed to be close to both his parents and sisters. But despite everything, I felt the boy had a wall and was protecting his heart.

Then the ritual started by chants and prayers to the Moon goddess and then we all joined hands and whole heartedly prayed that the Alpha get his Luna soon. Though I was from other tribe I also whole heartedly hoped he got his mate coz even though on the surface he seemed cool with it, when I met his eyes I could see some kind of pain or embarrassment of being without Luna for so long.

I got my Luna quite early at 22, though she was from the neighboring hemisphere, annually a huge convention is held for all the hemispheres and all eligible werewolves gather and stay in the same place for a month to meet all the mates and every year in, each hemisphere, a tribe gets the chance to host the annual meet.

It is considered an honour to do so, like the Olympics in the human world except this is for mate finding and also peace keeping treaties are signed between tribes and also further trade treaties and many such things are discussed during the month. So when our tribe hosted such a convention, I met my mate by the 3rd day itself and since then she relocated and had a wonderful life together.

So having known and seen so much, I really wished the Alpha a mate instead of a compromise that was being suggested in case he doesn't find his mate in 2 years.

I heard that the Alpha attended all the conventions every year for treaties officially and unofficially even to scope for potential mates, but he didn't have any luck.

Everyone started whispering among themselves that he was a lone wolf, one who Moon Goddess didn't appoint any mate, but Alphas were seldom lone wolves except Alpha of Cahto, another tribe in the top 3 of our world who was single and unmated till a long time and suddenly he stepped down from his duties at 43 as he didn't want to mate with just anyone and was happy and content being a member of the committee but he was just a powerful Alpha with quite some assets and money but not so handsome so the female population didn't cry when he stepped down as Alpha and assumed a committee member role reserved for elders of tribe. Last heard, he was happily living the life unmated till date. He did date she wolves and even humans but nothing worked out for him till date and last heard he went into meditation and full monk mode.

Yes there were some exceptions in our world, but Alpha Cam was someone who looked like he wanted love and believed in it though he never showed it to anyone on the outside, I sensed it from my meeting from him.

His smell was manly and pleasant, unlike the Alpha of Cahto who had a detached sense of smell as well, it wasn't unpleasant but was something out of the world more like outer space and loneliness and contentment.

So I really wished this boy got his mate. After the ritual while we sat down, the members asked my own mate story and I told them all and saw that the Alpha was also listening to it though he pretended to be engrossed in work on his laptop.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hey readers, 

So do u agree with Dinhe.. Do u think Alpha Cam will find his mate.. Do comment..