Chapter 3

Cameron

Later that night...

I couldn't sleep a wink. Everyone had such sweet stories to share about their mates. Till date never felt anything though I heard so many stories but tonight since the ritual was for me, I couldn't help but wonder if I ever had a mate.

And yes, next week I would be attending the Annual convention and this time the Porter tribe of the North Eastern Hemisphere was hosting it. So, I was going there on account of treaties and other official work but of course unofficially also to see if there was anyone who came into adulthood and was my mate.

I shivered disgusted with the thought of having 18-year-old girl as a mate. Maybe in human world, age gaps were common, even in werewolf world, there were some, very less percentage with huge age gaps but nothing extended beyond 12-16 years.18 was the largest known age gap in our world. A rarity. And I personally didn't want such a huge gap, made me feel like a child abuser. Ugh!!

I went out to get some fresh air. I saw Dinhe outside watching the moon. It was a full moon day.

"hey Dinhe, unable to sleep?" I asked.

Dinhe smiled "Guess u too couldn't my boy".

I smiled.. we just sat in silence for sometime till Dinhe asked me " what do u want.. what r u looking for my boy. I see you are good and your soul is good as well.. look into yourself Cameron, you will find answers there and don't be afraid, when the right one comes, things will fall into place, age and all that don't matter.. what matters is what you feel"

I sat motionless looking at the old Dinhe. And then he patted my back and left.

With a sigh I got up and started back to my room and dozed off into a dreamless slumber.

Next day, my Beta Jake and his mate Sarah, Gamma Derek and his mate Naomi who was expecting came by to meet me. I smiled at my friends and team and bid them all farewell except Jake who was joining me.

Then as we arrived at the convention, I suddenly got a pleasant smell, vanilla and lavender mixed and I looked up to find an unmated she wolf who was walking into the hotel with her friends I suppose. It didn't ignite my senses like mate, but wow, she was so gorgeous and pretty and was busy with her friends and suddenly her eyes met mine and she smiled and I smiled and Jake knew what that meant. But instead, he said "Cam, enough of this, games and doing beautiful women, aren't you tired, ughh!! Get a mate for him Moon goddess, am tired!! "Saying so he blew out a tired puff and took his room keys and left. I gave my luggage to the staff there and tipped them well and asked them the way to the restaurant.

There, I saw her light brown eyes connected with my green ones and I smiled again, and she suddenly looked away and spoke something with her friends and started towards me.

"Allie" she said and gave me her hand. And I took her hand in mine and said "Cameron"

Turns out Allie was the daughter of Delta of Porter pack and she has been in university studying interior design and I was intrigued, she-wolves who try to make a career and are independent always intrigued me. And the one sitting before me was young and gorgeous. And was talking with such passion about her trade, all of them got me and suddenly we were both in my room kissing each other passionately.

After making love to Allie, I was happy.. she was just 27 and unmated till date surprisingly.

"Cam, the Alpha of my Porter tribe doesn't like such ideas, he believes too much freedom is not good and has conventional ideas"

"Allie, I will speak to him and arrange for exchange programs in study for all wolves specially with funding opportunities for she wolves, can't believe you are all like that still, in our tribe everyone gets equal opportunity and even wages are equal among the males and females."

Allie: "wow, Cam, wish I could be a part of your tribe"

I nodded my head saying it shall be done soon with the exchange program I had in my mind.

Later on the meetings continued and as promised to Allie, I made a pact with the Porter tribe regarding the exchange study program for all werewolves with funding especially for deserving she wolves and underprivileged he wolves. And I was seeing Allie all the time I was in the convention much to Jake's anger.

But hey she was fun and I gave her a good time and so did she give me, she was really gorgeous and sweet. But not my mate definitely, didn't feel the pull . Jake was disappointed and I was not coz I had a good time ;) 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hello everyone, So what do u think of Allie and Cam and their chemistry.. he's still not feeling it except attraction.. Y... do comment and vote..