Chapter 41

Sia

"I am sorry Sia.. " Cam said..

"For what Alpha Cam" I asked.. I was genuinely confused as to what he was apologising for today.. 

"For everything.. Sia.. for leaving you and the pups when things got complicated.. I hope you understand that in a way I wanted to protect you.. The counsel would object and further.. there were so many issues.. and my mother really did like Allie from the beginning.. I am sorry Sia.. I will always love you.. You are my mate and I will always care for you.. but you need to move on as well.. " Cam said..

I seriously wasn't interested in listening to all of this for two reasons.. one - I already knew this.. two - Listening from him makes it more difficult and everything we had seemed like a stupid dream of mine.. 

"Thank you for your concern.. Alpha Cam. I am happy.. I am living my life the way I want to.. The pups are ok as well.. Kay does visit them every month. Else I take them and go to my tribe.. Everything's fine.. " I said.. 

"Sia.. can u not call me Alpha Cam.. can we be friends? I know... it sounds cliche.. but not friends as in friends but just can I have your word that if you need something.. you will call me.. I mean.. not I don't want you to hesitate to call me ever.. " Cam said..

"Alright.. I guess we are done with shopping for today.. come this way, the car is parked there.. I will be dropping you to your guest quarters Alpha Cam. " I said.

The audacity of him to come and spew this nonsense.. That's the reason I hated meeting or talking to him.. He made a choice.. yes it was for the best I agree.. so it's done. There's no point in revisiting the same and further, friendship is out of question.. I can't and don't want to ever be friends with him. 

Cam got the memo.. and he didn't say a word.. All the while I was driving he didn't say a word.. then just as I was about to pull up, he got a video call from his pup Alexander.. Allie was also there and Alexander was talking to Cam while Allie was helping their pup with the words.. 

It was a lovely heart warming family moment which I felt I was intruding. So, I quickly pulled over and left my car.. I was standing outside.. waiting for him to complete his call and leave my car.. 

After about 10mins of me standing, he got out of his car, and held a package out.. 

"I'm sorry for keeping you waiting.. Alexander is like that.. he misses me.. " Cam said..

I didn't show any emotions.. I was not even looking at him, for I wasn't feeling anything at this point.. just blank, yeah he has a pup. everyone loves their pups.. nothing new.. 

"This is for you Sia.. I hope you like it.. " Cam said sincerely and was handing me a package from one of the jewellery stores.. 

"No.. Alpha Cam, I can't take it.. thank you.. but no..I'm sorry  " saying I just got into my car and drove off leaving him.. I didn't want anything from Cam.. I don't want any memories.. I don't want to even think of him for he haunts my dreams every night.. Earlier it was Savannah, now it's Cam.. I don't need this..

I am doing my job right now and nothing more.. I had to be tough.. I am being tough.. I am proud of myself.. 

I reached home and saw that my pups were sleeping.. I thanked Joyce, an elderly neighbour who always loved watching my pups.. and Joyce left to go to her house.

I saw a message notification from Cam, which I ignored..

Later, I got a call from him which I ignored as well.. I didn't want to deal with this right now.. 4 more days of this, then he will go back and I can live peacefully.. like I was. 

I slept or tried to sleep.. and next morning I was running late and after I dropped pups to school, I rushed to the office.

I saw Cam was already there.. He didn't look at me.. I ignored him as well.. It was easier this way.

Later in the night I did open the message.. "Sia, I am outside. can you please open the door" It had read. 

After that no more messages from him except a single call, one which I ignored.

Now at office, Cam was busy signing the contracts and finalising everything and by 4pm, I was asked by Ethan to take my designs to Cam and get them approved as well.

So, I went in and he didn't once look at me. He was busy looking at his laptop and then at the same time he said "can you give me the design file please. "  I handed him the file.

He went through the file, showed me some changes of what he preferred, then I made those right in front of him and he signed. All the while, he didn't make eye contact with me a single time, he was either looking at the files or somewhere else. 

Good. This was what I wanted as well. It should make me feel happy and peaceful, only it didn't.

While his attention hurt, this hurt as well. Everything about him hurts. That's the final conclusion.

I was not in a great mood, guaranteed, but as I was leaving to go to my car, some nincompoop driver couldn't stop the car on time and just hit me and left.. I lay there bleeding in the parking lot. My legs were hurting and I was feeling dizzy for I hit the ground hard..

My last thoughts were my pups. "Help" I tried to scream, but I saw there was no one around. I tried to call someone before I passed out. The only number I could call at that time was recent one Cam. I just dialled and I don't even remember anything anymore. It was complete darkness.. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- A/N : Do you think Cam got Sia's call.. Did he get there in time to help her?