Chapter 42

Sia

I was waking up.. Everything was hurting.. Where was I. Then I remembered, I was in an accident.. some car hit me.. my pups.. I woke up with a startle. I saw my hand was attached to tubes. I also saw someone was holding my hand.. I looked up.. It was Cam..

He was looking worriedly at me.. "My pups.. " I said weakly.

"They are fine Sia. Your parents have arrived. They are safe with them. Till they arrived, your neighbour took care of them.. " Cam said calmly. He didn't leave my hand yet. 

I slowly tried to untangle my hand with his but he wouldn't let go. "I was so worried Sia." said Cam. 

"I feel Ok now Cam." I said.

Cam smiled at me and said "No more Alpha Cam.." 

I rolled my eyes at him and tried to lie down and Cam helped me and he called for the Doctor while he called my parents on phone.

The Doctor came and checked all my vitals, my hands and legs seemed to be ok. But there was big plaster on my left arm, I asked the Doctor as to what it was and why it hurt so much.. 

The Doctor was also a werewolf and he told me in a whisper "Someone really wanted to hurt you, you were exposed to silver, luckily it was on your arm. the flesh needs time healing, hence the plaster. Rest all is fine. You should be doing fine by tomorrow. If all is well, I will discharge you tomorrow." said the Doctor. 

His words shocked me. Who wants to hurt me? Did Cam know this.. Just as I was wondering about this, Cam stepped in and looked at me and understood that I knew.

"It's Ok Sia. I will find out who did this to you. When I got a call from you, I was thinking of ignoring it, but my inner wolf was too angry for I ignored you, and made me pick up and all I heard was Cam and then I could hear a car racing and I started to run out and saw you lying without movement, I thought I had lost you.. Sia.. it was the worst moment of my life." Cam said.

"The people in the car saw me coming and raced out of the parking lot, but  got their car number and I am going to get to the bottom of this. Meanwhile, I want you to rest Sia.. not think of all these. Just relax and get well soon" continued Cam and while saying so he caressed my cheek and gave a kiss on my forehead. 

All my senses were activated and my inner wolf was howling with need.. I just turned to the other side and tried to avoid Cam. I can't take this. Ugh, this is why I didn't want to see him or anywhere near me..

"That makes the two of us Sia.. " Cam said and winked and left. 

You gotta be kidding me I thought. Shamelessly flirting with me despite being engaged. 

"I am able to read your thoughts Sia.. You are still my mate, and yesterday all of you healed except the part of the arm exposed to silver, and as your mate I tried to touch your arm to reduce your pain. You are not on any more pain killers Sia. You are healing naturally and much better." said Cam.

 "I want to rest for sometime, Cam.. can u get the pups and my parents, I need to see them all." I said.

"They will come in an hr Sia, do rest till they come, I will be sitting right here " said Cam.

"What about the meetings Cam. Oh I'm so sorry, because of me, you are missing meetings." I said.

"No meeting is important at the moment, but if you must know I am trying to work from here and I am planning to extend my trip to another week. Unless and until I find the culprit and you are not well, I can't leave here and that's final" said Cam.

I didn't argue for I just felt like resting.

After an hr..

I woke up to see Cam working on his laptop and the minute he saw me, he got me water and tried to help me up. I didn't need to tell him what I wanted, he just understood. 

Then about 10mins later, my parents and pups came to visit me and all of them were relieved I was doing good and I would be discharged tomorrow. 

I saw that my parents and Cam were talking like before as if there was no animosity between them. The pups also were talking to Cam very closely. I was sleeping for just 1 and a half day, and all of my family is close to Cam. 

I rolled my eyes.. only to see Cam wink at me, Oh the mind reading. I tried to focus on his thoughts. I never tried to understand what he was feeling.. I just tried and I could see his love and concern for me, his love for my pups and respect for my parents. I felt happy. 

After everyone had left, Cam stayed back. I was surprised my parents didn't argue either. Cam came closer to me and held my hand and said the words I never in my wildest dreams imagined I could hear ever again. 

"Sia, it's you, always been you. Who was I kidding, getting away from you.. " he put my hand on his chest and I could feel his heart beating faster and he touched his lips to mine and I couldn't stop either.. We both ended up having a mini make out and my heart monitor started beeping loudly and Cam and I stopped as the nurse came in running..

She looked at both of us weirdly and asked "were you having an argument? please nothing to disturb the patient please" she said and left.

Cam and I ended up laughing. Then Cam held me in his embrace and then gently put me on the bed and started stroking my hair. I felt so relaxed and slept much better than I had over the last year and a half.. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- A/N : Who do you think attacked Sia? any guesses? Please comment and share and vote. Thanks.