Chapter 12

At the Apache office

Cam 

I came and sat in my place and then Sia looked up to see me and smiled. I smiled back at her. Damn, she's so innocent I thought..  I placed the croissant beside her.

Sia looked startled. "Try it, it's good, it's chocolate, hope you like it." I said.  She nodded and "Thanks, Alpha Cam, you didn't have to do that. But since you already got, I won't say no" saying so she took a bite from the croissant and went "mmmmm"..

Stop it I thought in my mind.. Then after finishing the croissant, she turned to me while I 'tried to', the key word is 'tried to' and not 'did'.. so I tried to keep myself busy staring at the laptop and not working at all.. 

Sia then thanked me and came and showed her work progress while standing close to me and trust me its pure torture.. I wondered and wanted to shake her and ask her "Don't you feel it? what is this ? what the heck is going on". But I knew I couldn't lose my cool, coz if I did, she would shut me away further and whatever progress I feel i'm making with her will be washed away.. 

I started to think of showers, bubbles and other random things and my inner wolf also started howling..Damn.. 

Sia then innocently put her hand on my forehead to check if I had a fever cause I was sweating and that's where I lost it.. I immediately held her hand and pulled her towards me further closer.. Sia was baffled.. She looked so shocked that I wanted to kiss her silly but I couldn't. 

I told her calmly "Sia, I am fine.. I don't have any fever.. I just need some space is all.. "

Sia then looked at our position where in I could feel the heat coming from her as well.. I wondered if her mate didn't do such things for her. I see that she moved farther from me in the room when I announced " Sia, I will step out for a while." She nodded and said "Sorry, I didn't mean to.. I felt you were sick, so it was an instinct.. "

I just gave a nod and stepped out, hit the wall closer to me, no, it didn't break, only my hand started throbbing . "F***" I thought.. But I was also close to destroying whatever trust I was trying to build with her to end this mate issue of mine. 

After taking a short run and few deep breaths, I changed my clothes and got back to office by 12noon and I saw Sia coming out for lunch, I smiled at her and she smiled too. 

If u don't mind "Can u have lunch with me" I said.. She looked at me as though I had said something strange.. " I have to discuss something regarding work with u" I added. Then, she nodded in affirmative and joined me in my car. 

I took her to the other side of the city, one she probably never explored and was inhabited by humans mostly.. As we sat down at this quaint cafe' I ordered a salad for myself, while she did the same but ordered a drink for her as well. I smiled at her, and thought in my mind, this girl doesn't count calories.. what a relief from the kind of girls I see..

"So,.. " I started.. Sia looked up from her mobile and then looked at me.

"I see that you are doing your course on interior design, would you like to do internship as well with the firm that is going to be starting work next week.. so some of the days, we would have to work from garden.."saying I smiled.. 

"Really? thanks so much Alpha Cam, it's a dream come true" Sia said.

"Thanks again so much Alpha Cam for being so considerate and giving me so many opportunities.. I still can't believe it" Sia said with her innocent eyes and child like enthusiasm.  

"I hope it's not a burden to you for on days you won't work at the office, you would have to work with the interior team and so you will have to come to office everyday." I said..

Sia's smile didn't fade a bit " It's ok Alpha Cam, when we get what we want, we should work for it instead of excuses.." she said. I smiled and asked her "your family won't mind.. "

Sia said "No, they all understand I am here only for short time and I have to make the most of it and I wish to and thank you really once again Alpha .. "

"Your mate is ok with you staying here.. " I asked.. 

"Alpha Cam, yes I would like to personally thank you for the treaty you signed, it has helped me and daily as I sift through all the applications, I am seeing many more mated and married women coming forward to do something and learn more and advance more, so I'm really in awe of you Alpha Cam, you are a hero to everyone; also, you are so kind to everyone and me too. " said Sia. 

"So, how many of you are there in your family" I asked casually..

Sia froze and then relaxed and then said " I am an only daughter to my parents, but after marriage, I have Kay and 2 pups."

"So, you are so lucky to have met your mate and have your pups at a young age" I said.

Sia looked apprehensive and said "Maybe.. actually Alpha Cam.. Kay is not.."

Suddenly my phone rang. Damn phone and it's not stopped ringing it's Dinhe.. what a great timing!  I thought..

I put it on silent and asked her to continue but she just became rigid and formal again and said it's nothing important and then we left back to office. My whole afternoon was spent in wondering what she was to tell me about Kay.. 

I decided to head back home as I was not getting any work done and told Sia to report everyday as interiors team would be coming, so she had more work which meant more time in office and then college which would give me time to make her speak.. 

Thinking so, I exited the office and at the same time, Sia also came out and I offered her a lift which she politely declined.. I said ok and gave lift to my secretary instead so that Sia understands that I'm basically friendly with my staff and not just her.. I need her to understand that about me first and then later maybe start talking more so I can ask her my burning questions freely like a friend maybe... 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------A/N: what do u think she was about to tell about Kay to Alpha Cam.. and what really happened with Sia..