Chapter 37

Sia

I was devastated that day.. when Cam told me about the decision he had taken, but I didn't let my feelings get the better of me.. despite my pain I decided to act swiftly.. I got all my certificates and work experience related documents and immediately booked tickets to my home.. I needed to get away from this place as fast as I could.. I couldn't be weak..

I got home to the Mayban tribe and explained the situation to Kay.. He did ask me to come back to him.. but I refused.. I needed to move on from everything.. from Kay, Cam and everything.. So, while I was at my home, I applied for jobs in remote areas in Sauk tribe.. and I was accepted by Sauk tribe to move to their place and to continue my work there after they examined my internship and degree..

My parents and pups moved with me to the new place.. and my parents had become my biggest support system.. they did shuttle between our home back in Mayban and the new place here in Sauk.. which was my new home..

I tried to block out all the news related to Cam that appeared on my feed.. but despite that I couldn't help but bump into a magazine at a grocery store where he was featured with his new pup Alexander..

Allie, Alexander and Cam were on the cover spread on the other magazine.. so I stopped trying to run away or avoid.. I read and I was upto date regarding Cam's life.. He seemed happy. I was happy for him.. I kept myself too busy with work and volunteered at a local shelter and did involve myself in so many activities that I didn't have time to dwell on Cam or my own feelings..

Actually, I told myself there is no point in feeling anything.. for it was just a co incidence we met.. Moon Goddess probably never intended us to meet.. so there was no point in dwelling over what could be and all those kind of situations.. I had my pups,.. I loved them and they loved me.. that was more than enough for me and that kept me going..

As for my dating life.. I had shut down everyone and everything.. the only friend who shows interest in me is Ethan, a human who's unaware of me being a werewolf.. and despite me shutting him out so many times, he just doesn't give up and I can't avoid him for he's the local minister and I have to meet him so many times for various approvals and other things..

Ethan is a divorcee with no children.. and he has dated many people.. but he didn't settle with anyone and as of now we are just platonic friends while Ethan always tries to be more than that.. He and I enjoy our friendly banter and it's like that for now..

Just last week, I got assigned to this new project and I didn't catch up on the notes I had received regarding my role and the key players.. as I was sick with fever and I wanted to reach home early today so I could do my research and be prepared for tomorrow's meeting with the clients.. and as to what role I would be playing in this project..

I was hurrying to the school and picked my pups and decided to make a pitstop to check out the land where the project was to come. So, I got my pups some ice cream while I got down from my car and started to check and map and survey the land which lay ahead of me,,

The project proposal was about a University that was being planned in this sleepy town I lived in.. Wow.. I thought.. If a University would come up here, my kids and so many neighbouring town kids could come and study here.. much needed in this area..

Next I wondered who was the great beneficiary to invest in this project.. Just as I was turning the page.. I heard someone call my name.. "Sia? " I thought it can't be as there were no other cars parked nearby.. and I was imagining probably..

But the voice grew firmer and closer and louder to me.. "Sia.." I heard..

I turned back to see someone I never wanted to see.. again in this lifetime.. It was Cam..

He was the same old gorgeous Cam.. He looked even mature ever since he became a father and that added to his appeal.. he looked more sexier.. and I could sense this pull again.. it was never gone.. at least for me.. and I had decided in my mind that today was the worst day for I had to see my mate who was engaged to another with whom he had a pup..

I cursed inwardly and then decided to just walk away.. I need not answer him.. do I? He had taken decisions which led us to where we are.. I don't think I'm obliged in any way to report to him nor comply to his words.. He was not my Alpha anymore..

So, i just turned back and started walking towards my car... My pups were both looking wide eyed not at me but beyond me.. which made me understand that Cam was following me..

"Sia. please wait " he said.. I stopped. For I didn't want to create a scene in front of my pups.. I had always told them that Alpha Cam had to take up extra projects due to which he would be too busy and that I had got work elsewhere due to which we had to move..

They accepted my words, but they also knew I was sad.. but they always tried to cheer me with other things but never mentioned Cam.. One time my boy mentioned Cam and immediately my girl changed the topic.. that was how lucky I was to have such wise 6 yr old pups.. they were just 4 when they had seen all of this..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------A/N: Do u think Cam and Sia will get together again or just end up as friends or worse,.. not stay in touch like before? Plz vote and comment.. Thanks.