Chapter 26

Sia 

I was shocked at Kay's behaviour.. I expected him to be upset but so much so that he leaves me at this empty parking lot which was little on the outskirts of the place we are in, was really unexpected and rude... 

Heck, I'm still mother of our pups, to disrespect me so blatantly made me feel I took the right decision.. we werewolves are one team despite our differences.. to leave a fellow werewolf without assistance is nothing less than a crime in our community.. Here I'm not a rogue or any random one, and yet, to see him behave that way.. I get it he's hurt.. but I don't have words for his behaviour..

I tried booking cabs out of this place, but my reception was weak and none of the cabs were accepting a ride at this hour.. I checked the time, it was close to 10p.m. already..

I thought hard.. I tried to walk a bit but felt staying close to the dessert place was safer for there was staff inside.. though limited.. so I returned back to the dessert place and tried to book cab one last time.. 

When I couldn't get any, I just called Cam.. 

I hoped and prayed, he at least would pick up.. for what he saw at the restaurant was not pleasant for him. and I didn't even explain.. But at this time, if he didn't pick up I was considering calling Sarah, Beta Jake's mate for I needed to get home safe first.

But to my relief, cam picked up after just 2 rings.. "Yes Sia.. " Cam said coolly.. 

"Cam, I'm all alone at this dessert place.. on the outskirts.. could you please pick me up, none of the cabs are accepting my request at this time.. I'm so sorry for bothering you, but I didn't know who I could call.. Cam please..Kay just left me.. here.. " I cried.. 

I could hear a sharp intake of breath on the other side  " I'll be there Sia, share your location and stay close to the shop or rather go and sit inside. Don't stand out alone " Cam told me and hung up.. 

I shared my location and went to sit inside.. The staff told me it's closing time.. I told them I had one last order.. They agreed. I took a gelato for Cam.. and got it packed.. just to buy time.. 

By the time, I paid and got the order, Cam called me again.. "I'm closer Sia.. will be there in 5mins.. hope you are inside.. " he said.

"Yes, but it's closing time.. and now I need to come out.. " I replied..

"You stay right outside the shop, I am almost there.. " he said and hung up..

I slowly got down the stool and started walking out.. and saw that there was literally no one and the lights of the parking lot also were dimmed out.. 

I stood right outside the door of the shop praying to Moon Goddess.. 

I saw some jeeps of people pass by so I made sure I was standing in the shadows.. and then. I saw Cam's car pull by, then I stepped into the light and walked towards the car.. Cam just stopped the car and got out.. and I ran to him and hugged him and started crying.. 

"It's ok Sia.. I'm here.. don't worry.. please get inside.. let's get out of this place.. " he said..

I nodded my head and got into the car.. Cam started driving back to his place.. 

I wasn't worried about Kay for I gave him a spare key in the morning.. which he kept in his wallet.. so if he wanted to go home, he could.. I just didn't want to see him tonight..

Cam just held my hand gently throughout the ride while I was sniffling..

Then, we got down and went inside his huge house.. 

Cam got me a glass of water while I handed him the gelato I got packed.. 

He took it and then while digging into it asked me "Thanks, I love this flavour... definitely, you didn't call me all over to give me this packed gelato right? " He tried to make me smile..

But I didn't.. I just looked at him.. 

"What happened Sia.. I saw you both at the restaurant.. It was difficult for me.. I was with my brother in law Rob.. He just left right before your call.. So, I could come over.. not that I wouldn't have even if he was here.. but what made Kay leave you alone at such a place.. no matter what happened.. Damnit, it isn't a place you leave someone alone.. " he spoke with anger.. 

"Well, I am still in shock.. Cam.. I didn't expect him to behave this way.. either.. I took him out for I wanted to relax and further.. it was a tough time.. so wanted to ease him onto my plans.. but didn't expect him to react this way.. guess he's hurt badly by me.. " I replied.. 

"No matter what Sia, he could've dropped you and then left you if he was so off with you.. leaving someone in such situations is not a great idea.. so if I may ask.. what happened that he needed to leave you all by yourself there.." Cam asked me..

"Well... I took a decision Cam.. I told him while I enjoyed having pups and this partnership.. I told him that I want to be with my mate... for my mate completes me.. " I told..

Cam looked shocked.. He didn't respond.. 

He was still holding the gelato cup in his hand and looking at me with wide eyes.. 

"Cam.. say something.. if you are not happy with this.. it's ok.. I understand.. I won't be a burden. I will just quietly complete my course and leave and find a job elsewhere and settle.. you need not worry.." I said..

"What did you say Sia.." Cam asked putting his now empty cup down..

"I said if it's too much I will finish my course and..." I was continuing while Cam interrupted me.. "Not that Sia.. before that.. " he said..

"I chose to be with my mate.. so Kay got angry.,. " I replied..

"Do you mean it Sia.. " Cam asked..

I nodded my head whispering a yes..  Cam came closer and held me and gave me a kiss.. which as usual took my breath away.. 

"Oh Sia... I was thinking of retirement plans and what not.. when I saw you with Kay at the restaurant.. but.. this.. decision of yours has made me so happy.. Sia.. I love you Sia.. my mate..." Cam said holding me tight..

"Cam, I waited for years to know what true love feels like.. and now that I have it, I never want to let it go.. " I told him.. 

Cam just responded with another smouldering kiss.. and hugged me tight.. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------A/N : So, Cam and Sia.. did you all think she would choose him? will it be easy for them or.....