Chapter 6

Apache

Cameron pulls his hair out of frustration. While he was away on meetings, things here moved slower and he was annoyed as hell with his staff.

He was to set up a new office in the area he purchased recently. The architect had made plans which he made some changes to, but he didn't get back the new plans after changes.

The applications poured in for new center from all tribes, his staff were not able to reply to all, and he felt they were short staffed, he decided to hire interns to help sift through the many applications received for the new center.

After the exchange program was announced, applications started pouring in for that program as well and his staff were busy with those applications and he just signed the document for scholarship for 5 applicants out of which 3 were women, so he was satisfied that he was making progress and felt a sense of achievement on that end.

He wanted to shift to new office as his old office was a bit small if he wanted to increase his staff size. He gave his old office which was a mere 20mins drive from his new office to his Omega and Delta and he along with his Beta were to sit in the new office.

While all of this was going on, he asked his chief of staff to look into new recruitments as soon as possible.

After 21 days, he moved into his new office which had plain white walls with mahogany desks. There was nothing else. He also expected his new recruits to start working from today.

Today he was dressed a bit formally, in a white shirt and grey pants. Suddenly, his eyes fell on a petite woman who was dressed in navy blue jumpsuit.

She looked nervous and the minute she started approaching the entrance of the office, a scent of vanilla and roses, sandalwood mixed with some other musk smell. He wanted the musky smell to go away and just take in the vanilla rose with sandalwood.

Then she started moving towards the reception area where his receptionist was seated. He saw her lips move and tell her name he couldn't hear but could only watch her but her scent was too strong for him, it was calling to him and pulling him towards her.. then slowly Cameron started wondering "is this how u feel when you are drawn to ur mate", coz she was beautiful but ordinary for his stature but the scent was making him attracted to her..

Cameron took a deep breath and headed to the reception where she was standing.

Cameron spoke "hey Stella, I will take it from here." Stella his receptionist was a middle aged lady who had been working with him for quite some time. Stella raised her eyebrows and with a smug smile said "Ok Alpha Cam."

Sia who stood standing there suddenly felt a rush of emotions , fear coz she was standing in front of alpha and further she couldn't understand why she was being drawn to his scent, forest and pine trees.. she was feeling a crazy attraction to his scent.. "Stop it Sia, you are married, you are just attracted to him coz he's so good looking, stop breathing" she thought to herself and held her breath and watched Cam.

"Hi, I'm Alpha Cameron, but my tribe calls me Cam and you are ?"

Sia replies after taking a breath "Hi, I am Sia, an intern to work on the extra files and also I am here due to the exchange program u have created. I would like to thank U so much Alpha Cam for this, ladies like me who want to pursue course after having pups, this is a boon, thank u once again"

Cam felt like a big blow has been punched on his gut. She had pups and then he looked at her finger, she had a ring on her finger and then he looked at her neck, a small tiny x was there which only the werewolf community can recognize as a mate's mark, he started feeling woozy coz he stopped breathing and held his breath for longer than required.. and then he held the chair on which Stella was sitting.

Stella who was on phone suddenly turned and asked "Cam, are you alright ?"

Cam realized and suddenly he had an indifference and replied "yes Stella, and Sia, please follow me. "

Sia wondered what she had done for this sudden change in his voice. Alpha Cam seemed so warm earlier and now he was talking Coldly. I started following him and saw that the office interior was not done yet.. It was empty with just desks and cabinets and chairs.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------A/N : Just a disclaimer.. all the images are from Pinterest and/or google .

hope you are enjoying reading the story.. the actual fireworks start from this meeting..