Chapter 25

Cam

The minute I saw her at the restaurant with Kay, I knew I should start making some future decisions.. I should learn to be stronger.. I thought to myself and though I tried not to glance to their side, it was difficult not to.. I could see her sitting with Kay and smiling.. 

My inner wolf was howling.. but I tried to get it under control.. I was focusing on what Rob was talking about.. My nephews and niece.. I missed them.. I then told Rob I would come soon and visit them.. They lived about 5 hrs from my place.. Though we were nearby.. we met only once every 2 months or so for my schedule was too busy.. But I did speak with my mom every alternate day on phone and with my dad maybe once a week.. 

I ordered the specials for us at the restaurant and started to dig into the food.. The food was good.. so I tried to focus on the food. 

I could hear constant banter between them and laughter in between.. though I didn't want to know.. 

Sia

I went out with Kay today to unwind from all the emotional stress I was feeling and to just be happy... Kay and I indulged in a banter till our food came.. Kay being a huge foodie ordered all the specials even though it was just the two of us.. 

I could sense a scent the minute I entered the restaurant and I for a minute wondered if Cam was here.. I thought of messaging him and later decided against it and decided to put the thoughts in my head and the scent aside and focus on this time at the restaurant with Kay..

The dishes had come and we started to eat.. and I could feel a sense of gloom.. then I realised it's not me.. but my mate who's feeling this way.. I looked around and found Cam.. sitting diagonally from our table.. he was with another man.. The minute I made eye contact with him, he ignored and turned to the man in front of him and he seemed to be listening to what the man was talking about.. 

I understood Cam is misreading the situation.. but I couldn't just leave Kay hanging here.. He came all the way from so far just for me.. I took a deep breath.. and calmed myself and focused on Kay.. 

We spoke about everything, my studies, internship, part time job.. how Apache tribe had become so advanced compared to ours... and other topics except for the main topic as to why he was here.. 

Kay then took my hand into his and told "Sia, I know we started in a very wrong way and the truth was kept hidden from you for quite sometime.. well.. If it's not Savannah, it's you only.. and  I have been very loyal to you and we have two lovely pups.. I am happy with my life.. Sia. however, if you decide to choose.. Cam for he's your mate.. well, I would be devastated... for sure.. but I can't stop you.. I will let you choose.. I had a talk with your parents while you were at the office.. so.. they feel they haven't given you much choice then, so they requested me also to give you time to choose.. "

"So, Sia I understand no matter what you choose.. or whom for that matter as no matter whom you choose, the pups and I are always in your life..so it's ok.. I guess" said Kay with too many sentiments and glossy eyes.. 

"Oh Kay.. look.. shall we continue this somewhere else... tonight.. I just wanted to relax and be happy.. I know to talk as well.. but I don't want to talk here.. now..  maybe home or maybe let's drive up some place.. " I suggested and squeezed his hand.. 

And as soon as I lifted my head to call the waiter to get our bill, I  saw Cam's chair scrape back and saw him leave.. and only got to see his back walking away... from the restaurant..

I saw the other man leave as well.. Cam seemed to be talking to the hostess at the entrance of restaurant and then left.. 

I turned my attention back to Kay who seemed oblivious to Cam and whole situation I was observing... He was busy looking at his phone and groaning.. 

"What happened? Is it work?"I  asked him.. He nodded and mouthed 1 minute to me..

I paid our bill and later, Kay and I made our way out of the restaurant.. There, I saw there was no trace of Cam anywhere around.. 

I just went and sat in our rental car while Kay drove us to this dessert place which I asked him to take us to.. We both got down and sat inside on high stools and ordered 2 gelatos and picked them up and sat in our car to eat..

"Kay, you and I have always been partners.. good at that.. though we disagreed on many things, overall we had a great run.. I am happy I have these pups with you.. and I really wished.. maybe.. Savannah was there for you and you had all these with her.. Have you ever thought of that? Kay.. it's ok.. please be honest with me.." I told him..

Kay looked thoughtful and then replied "yes.. Sia.. I did wonder.. but that was a possibility which was never going to happen.. so I just shut myself out.. I don't anymore.. I never did after I saw you with our pups anyway.. You are a good mom.. and good partner.. "

I smiled and held his hand and replied.."Kay.. I .. well.. I enjoy what we have together.. but I found my mate.. that feeling I never had before.. I feel with him.. it's not easy for I'm mated.. and have pups.. but Kay.. I don't want to stay here and wonder always.. what if? with my mate.. I hope to give that a chance.. I hope you understand.. and I don't mean to hurt you with this.. "

Kay didn't reply anything for a while.. while he stared ahead and didn't meet my eye..

"Say something Kay" I told him.. 

"What do you want me to tell further? You seemed to have decided you want to be with him.. for he is the Alpha is it? for he has power and luxuries and everything.. right? " Kay told bitterly..

"Kay what are you talking about.. Had Cam been a warrior like you, still I would've made the same choice, his Alpha status and luxuries aside.. he happens to be my mate Kay.. You have had some precious days with Savannah before she left.. I never had any with my mate.. I had to stop myself each time for I was already mated to you.. " I cried out.. 

"Fine, do whatever you want.. now I would like to leave.. and need some time alone.. can you arrange your transport.. " Kay said.. 

I was shocked at his behaviour... 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------A/N : Did you expect this? Sia seems to have chosen her mate.. Alpha Cam.. Please vote and share...