Chapter 44

Cam

I was happy that Sia was recovering. Sia's parents were here and the pups were here. I was busy with all of them and yet managed to steal a few private moments with my Sia.

My phone rings and I look at the caller.. It's Allie.. I know I had to talk to her but I wanted to talk to her in person instead of call to tell her about my feelings and that was the reason i was avoiding her calls though I missed Alexander like crazy..

The call stopped but I could hear a knock on the hotel room I was staying at. It's strange, Sia would be discharged today so I came to the hotel to freshen up to pick her and her family up.

So, who could it be? I opened the door to find Alexander along with Allie..

"Surprise, Surprise.." Allie says.. I smile awkwardly and take Alex into my arms.. He's sleeping..

"Allie.. what are you doing here? Hope you had help getting here" I said to her.

"Yes. We did, Tom accompanied us.. and I am here to overlook the final design here.. I got to know about it just yesterday.. earlier I was thinking of sending Tom, but when I got to know it's the same project you are working on. I decided to come here.." she said..

"Overlook".. hmm.. I wondered.. Last time I checked, they didn't have any such overlooking going on.. I had my doubts about this.. probably she's here for I mentioned Sia in my phone call with her.. I am sure, it must be that.

"Ok Allie.. As Alexander is sleeping, you along with him can rest in my room. I have some work to do and also Sia would be getting discharged, so I need to just check up on her once." I said to Allie.

"Cam. I will come with you, I want to visit Sia as well.. Tom will take care of Alexander.. if he wakes up. I'm ok.. I have no jet lag." Allie said.

"Allie, I don't think it's a good idea right now. If you are not jet lagged, you can go to the office" I said.

I was getting irritated.. with her possessiveness. What was I thinking.. of even marrying this girl. I can't..

Allie looks upset but doesn't argue further. "Ok Cam" she says and stays back while I hurry to go see Sia.

I drive to the hospital and see Sia all packed up with a cast on her arm and ready to go. She was holding a bag with her other hand. I immediately took the bag from her hand and held her by her waist and took her to my car.

"The pups just left to go to school.. I told my parents to leave as well since I knew you would come" said Sia.

"Hmm... well sorry I was late.. Allie showed up with Alexander.. so I got late.. apparently, Allie's firm has been added as a last minute addition to overlook the designs.. "I explained to Sia.

"Oh I have to go to office, I will come tomorrow.. then I will know the latest updates. " Sia said.

"Sia.. I have to clear this with Allie and later it's just us. I can't lose you Sia. I have been a fool. I am ready to give up my role as Alpha. I just want a quiet life with you and all our pups.. " I told her sincerely..

Sia looked at me panicked.. and before she could say something I silenced her with kisses.. on her lips and neck.. and hugged her tight..

While I did try to silence her for now, I know Sia's thoughts and her concerns.. I have my concerns too with Allie and her behaviour and everything that I am about to face. But this time I have made up my mind.

I settle Sia in the home and ask her to rest while I go to office to find that Allie isn't at office.

I enquire about the addition of Allie into the project and I'm told that it was just a last minute request of Delta that they agreed to this formality and they didn't understand why as well.

I understood now fully Allie is here for me and the project was just a cover. I went to the hotel room to find Allie and Alexander sleeping while Tom was in the lobby working on his computer. I nodded to him and as soon as I entered Allie woke up and said "Jet lag.."

I smiled at her and said "Allie.. we need to talk.. " I wanted to come home and talk to you but now that you are here.. it's best we settle this here only..

"What's wrong Cam" Allie asks me.

"Allie. I am really sorry but I don't think I want to be Alpha anymore. I want to quit and also the wedding I am not sure I can do it. I need a break Allie. I will always take care of you and Alexander of course.. " I said.

She looked shocked and then said "Is it because of her? Sia? you are ready to throw away everything for her? is it?"

I expected her outburst.. but didn't expect Sia to be drawn in so early into this discussion between us.

"It's not about Sia. It's about me and my feelings and what I want to do.. " I told her.

Allie started shaking with anger.. and then started sobbing badly.. I went toward her to comfort her but she screamed "Leave me alone.. "

Tom came running in and asked if everything was ok.

I left Allie with Tom and took Alexander from there and Tom nodded at me.

I went to Sia's place with Alexander and Sia was more than happy to see him and started cuddling him and taking care of him.

I was happy to see that sight of Sia and Alex with Camille and Sil.

I feel I am home.. This is what I want and need..

I get a text from Tom saying he's heading back to Porter tribe, Allie's hometown for now.

I acknowledged it and told him Alex would be with me and to not bother.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------