Chapter 22

Kay

The minute she was avoiding my calls and talking cryptically, I had a nagging fear that what I never intended her to find out, she had somehow found out.. My father in law, Sia's father, the Omega was also not responding to my calls and then I had found out that they went to meet her without informing me. 

All of this felt like something was wrong.. so I immediately called my parents over and told them that I had to go on work related issues to the Apache tribe office.. and it was urgent.. Since, they were not in the higher ups, anything I told them they believed and never questioned me.. so I just took the next flight and ran a bit after I shifted and finally reached Sia. 

I needed to see her.. in person.. to understand and think how the hell I need to convince her to make her understand if I needed to.. 

I was waiting outside her door.. I was surprised to see that she was not home.. for no one opened the door after my incessant banging.. 

I just sat outsider her door and dozed off.. 

She woke me up and was visibly very surprised to see me.. "Kay" she said.. 

She didn't seem too happy to see me.. but more like shocked.. and I could sense she was upset about something as well.. guess what I had been thinking is true.. 

"The pups?" she asked me.. So her concern was always our pups first. It gave me hope.. 

"They are safe with my parents Sia" I replied.. 

Sia nodded relieved at my words.. Then she opened the door and gestured me to come in.. and I stepped into her small apartment.. and she closed the door..

Just as she closed the door, we heard banging on her door. She opened the door and was surprised to find whosoever was at the other end.. I stepped forward to see who was there on the other side and my temper rose up to see a smiling man who was holding Sia's wallet apparently.. 

Then that man sensed my presence and lost his smile.. and he handed over the wallet to Sia.. and told Sia "you forgot this, so came to hand it over.. " and nodded and was about to leave..

Sia stepped out and held his hand.. seeing that my temper rose and my blood boiled and my wolf threatened to come out and challenge this guy.. I could sense from his stance that he held a powerful position and was one among us werewolves.. 

"Cam, Please.. wait.. thanks for this.. " Sia gestured to the wallet.. 

"I came home to see Kay here.. it was a surprise to me.. " Sia said.. 

When I saw Sia explaining herself to some man about my presence and her holding his hand.. I couldn't take it.. I cleared my throat.. just as I saw the man whom she called Cam softening his gaze on her.. 

"Kay, this is Alpha Cam.. of Apache tribe.. " Sia introduced the man to me.. 

"Cam, this is Kay.. " Sia introduced me.. I was totally disappointed with the way she introduced me.. 

Cam gave me a firm handshake, and looked me straight into my eyes.. It was unsettling.. 

I shook his hand and told him " I am Sia's partner.. I had come to give her a surprise.. " I asserted.. 

Cam broke eye contact with me and nodded looking to the side and then he told me "Ok, good night Kay.. " and then he looked at Sia and nodded and told her see you tomorrow and left..

Sia closed the door and told me she needed to freshen up and showed me a spare room and I looked at her as to why I needed a spare room.. She told "she  needs sometime before she came out to talk to me.. "

I nodded and took a bath in the spare room and wore fresh clothes and waited for her in the living room.. 

She came out and told me she ordered some food for me and she didn't need any for she had already eaten.. 

"So Sia.. what's going on.. " I asked her.. 

She looked at me with hurt in her eyes.. and replied "You tell me Kay.. what's going on?.. what's been going on??"

I didn't know how to reply to that.. "what is the matter,.. can you be straight with me.. " I told Sia a little harshly.. it came out harsher than I had expected it to.. seeing Cam and Sia being indifferent with me and travelling and running so far had me wound up.. and I needed to know.. what the f*** is going on.. 

"I know about Savannah and you Kay.. and yes.. I found my mate.. " She told me.. 

It was like the ground had shifted beneath me.. My worst fears had come true.. 

I just stood shocked like a rock.. 

Then I slowly replied.." Cam is your mate ? Isn't it? and your parents told you about Savannah and me.. am I right..?"

Sia nodded.. 

"Sia... it's not like I ever wanted to hide from you.. I was healing.. I was shook.. and you came in and your scent was quite closer to Savannah's.. at that time I felt it was the same.. now I know it isn't there's a difference.. but no matter what.. I do feel truly for you.. you should know that.. my pain at that time was so higher that I tried to harm myself and then they got you and you were going through your trauma.. a trauma we both collectively faced.. "

"I wanted to tell you so many times when were happier.. but I was advised against it by our parents... Sia.. Not to screw your happiness and mine and open the pandora's box since we both are better and happy now.. " I told her.. 

"What about my mate Kay? Didn't you ever feel guilty of taking that choice away from me?" Sia asked.. 

It felt like someone had shot an arrow in my chest... 

"I did Sia.. I did.. But I wanted you.. I needed you and your father was also adamant of you staying in our own tribe.. for he had lost a daughter and he didn't want to lose another one.. " I replied.. 

Sia shook her head... and cried softly.. and I just went and held her in my arms.. she was limp.. 

She didn't hug me back.. she was hugging herself while I was hugging her.. and tears rolled out of my eyes too... 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- A/N : Getting Intense.. Please vote for your favourite..  team Cam or team Kay..