Chapter 38

Cam

I came to visit the site before I meet the people here.. So while I was standing there, first I got a whiff my most favourite scent.. a scent which I had been dreaming of, but never could ever get an experience of I was sure.. 

But here I was getting to take in my favourite scent.. I inhaled deeply and closed my eyes and then saw movement farther to my right.. It was a woman with short hair.. she was busy looking ahead at the same site I was and was holding a set of papers in her hand.. 

I walked closer.. she didn't notice me yet for she was too deeply engrossed in the paper she was holding and then I saw her face and my voice came out slow.. "Sia?" 

She was more gorgeous than I ever remembered.. I could see she cut her hair and her attire also was very different to what she used to dress when she was with me at Apache.. 

I cleared my throat and called out louder whilst moving closer to her "Sia.. " 

She looked up and I saw her beautiful and expressive eyes.. she was shocked to see me here.. just like I was.. I had to pinch myself to believe I'm not dreaming.. 

Just then she composed herself and started to walk away as if I was a stranger.. Ouch!! that hurt me but I was not going to let her go without talking to her.. 

"Sia.. please wait " I said.. and saw that she was moving towards her car and her pups were inside and they immediately came out and saw me and recognised me.. 

"Hi.. how are you Silas and Camille.. ?" I asked the pups.. They smiled and said  "We are fine Alpha Cam.." and then they turned to their mother and she nodded at them.. and they sat in car and it looked like they were having some snacks inside the car...

Sia took a deep breath and turned to me.. and said.. "Hello, Alpha Cam.. congrats on becoming a father.. Your son Alexander is lovely.. just like Allie and you." 

Ok.. so she was calling me Alpha Cam which was not a good sign.. she was being way too formal.. Heck.. My heart was in pieces.. already but when she mentioned Alexander I was a little happy thinking about my little pup.. but I decided to put my emotions at bay and speak as formally as she was doing.. well.. two can play at this game Sia..

"Thanks Sia.. so How are you.. I see that the pups have grown since I last saw them.. Are you staying here?" I asked her..

"I am good thank you. Yes.. I work here with the local tribe union and work on whatever projects they assign to me.." Sia said.

While she was replying, I saw that there was no mark on her yet and she wasn't wearing any rings as well.. for a moment.. that made me happy.. I know that's the worst.. but this is my mate.. Sia.. who still has a magical pull on me.. I am still truly madly deeply attracted to her.. 

"That's wonderful Sia.. " I replied.. She was not the same timid girl I had seen back then.. now she's much more confident and mature and super hot.. Her short hair made her look more gorgeous.. I so wanted to hold and hug her.. but I can't just do that.. 

"Ok Alpha Cam.. it's time for me to go home... Bye.. " Sia said and started to leave..

"Wait Sia.. " I said.. She stopped without turning to look at me.. 

"Can we maybe catch up for dinner tonight or breakfast tomorrow.. if that's fine by you.. " I asked her.. 

"I'm sorry Alpha Cam that's just not possible for I have a very tight schedule.. thanks for offering.. I need to leave now.. bye.. " Sia said and started to go towards her car.. and she got in and drove off whilst I was just looking at her.. without saying a word.. 

Now that I know she's here, I can find from someone local if she's doing fine or if she needs anything.. I understand that she doesn't want to see me or even talk to me.. It hurt.. but that's how she must've felt when I told her my decision.. It wasn't easy for me.. but fine.. if she doesn't want to see me I won't bother her either..

I will just gather my information about her and try to help if she needs any.. else just tell her goodbye and leave.. I don't want to cause her hurt further.. I could still sense her pain now that she was standing so close to me.. and since she was still unmated and me as well,. I could read her emotion.. it was just pain.. and the reason for it is me.. 

Yes... I was still attracted to her and I still wanted to hold her, hug her and kiss her.. but I knew that would never be possible.. and I didn't deserve her time either.. 

I just returned to my room and went through the notes and was surprised to find Sia's name in the project.. She was the lead interior designer in this project along with other names.. I didn't bother to even memorise..

So, I would be working and interacting with her this week.. I was excited.. all of my sadness was gone.. and I couldn't wait for tomorrow.. I myself can see if she's ok.. I thought.. 

I didn't want to be late tomorrow, so I set an alarm and tried to sleep early.. after my daily video call with my pup Alexander..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- A/N : Plz comment and vote and share.. Thanks..