Chapter 9

Alpha Cam's residence

Alpha Cam reached home and the first thing he did was go into his library.

While his pack's library had so many ancient books with ancient articles, none could compare to his home library. He started sifting through books which described about mates and history of mating.

He came across one interesting case study but nothing in detail. He decided to bookmark the page in that particular book and started to sift through other books. Again after going through many books, he found a second book which had another interesting case, He bookmarked that as well and decided to check all books.

After almost two hours of work, he was hungry and decided to eat something. He made himself a sandwich and decided to call Dinhe at once.

Dinhe could not be reached as he was in a prayer ceremony, so he requested a call back from his grandson who attended the call.

Later he decided to get back to the two interesting case studies written.

In Book 1, he found a case study which happened a longtime(400 years) ago. X and Y were two identical twin girls of a powerful clan of whom X was stolen by a rogue and was raised by a rogue, while Y was raised by her original and powerful parents. Y was mated to her mate Z who held a high position in the clan but due to unfortunate circumstances couldn't survive after her pups birth.

Though many powerful healers across the clans were called to save Y, and even healer rogues were called, Y couldn't survive, and during such healer call only X came to heal Y and while Y couldn't be saved despite so many prayers, the clan was having mixed feelings for they found the lost twin X.

And the rogue parents who took her apologized for their action and told that they lost a pup and decided to take the pup of the powerful clan to heal their pain, but were very sorry to have caused the original parents so much pain..

X started getting attracted to Z, having never found her mate, X understood Z to be her mate but waited till Z healed completely from Y's loss. After around 9-10months, Z started getting scent similar to his mate from X.

He asked elders and everyone said the twins scent was very similar and felt almost same. So, Z and X found their happy ending and raised pups from Y and later had their own pups. Moon Goddess doesn't make mistakes, it was destiny concluded the article.

So, after reading this case, Cam made a note which read "It could be twins with similar scents.. so Sia could have a twin with similar scent?"

Book 2 case study 2 :

A rare case had occurred around 200 years ago where in the Alpha of a powerful clan was against his daughter's mate as the he was previously a womanizer and was a rogue, so he tried to change his daughter's scent temporarily to lead the rogue astray from his trial to find his daughter's scent whom he got a whiff of at a local ball and to make sure the rogue never found his daughter, he secretly got his daughter mated to the Beta's son who was respectable.

Beta had his mate who was not so powerful so she was sent to another place and kept under protection so she couldn't escape. While the mate bond activated the Alpha's daughter and Beta's son were never happy together and both of them were desperate for their mates.

So, both of them ran away to find their original mates and had a happy ending. The Alpha had to bow down to the Moon Goddess wishes concluded the article.

It was also mentioned that ever since this incident happened, all the clans were invited to mingle and find their mates at the annual ball, that's how the Ball tradition had started..

Cam made another note here "Should have been mated to the wrong guy" 

This option made his blood boil for there were pups involved here as well.. he hoped to Moon Goddess that this option was not true and hoped that Sia had a twin who was his mate.

Cam pulled his hair for the nth time that evening,for the whole situation stressed him out and the possibilities of both he couldn't confirm unless he spoke to Sia first.

And then he wanted to talk to Dinhe if this was still not resolved which he hoped against. If Sia had a twin, half the problems would be solved.. But from her file, there was nothing in there much about her family except her current one, her mate and pups and her origin and parents who were Omega of the Mayban tribe and lived with his mate who was Sia's mother, so Cam started to do a search on Omega of the Mayban.

He opened the portal for tribes and each Alpha had their entire tribe registered on the network and Alphas had special access to information on the entire tribe's population so that whenever they cross territories, they know what kind of werewolf is entering their territory and how to tackle or deal or if its a rogue.

In fact, this whole project was handled by Apache team under the leadership of Alpha Cam for the benefit of the werewolf world which made Alpha Cam a huge star among all the werewolves' tribes.

He opened the file on Omega of the Mayban tribe, Sia's father's file, Moment of truth he thought to himself. In the file, he found that Sia had a sister younger to her by 1 and half years who died when she was small in an accident.

Alpha Cam hoped it to be untrue, he was feeling more stressed out and needed to talk to Sia so at least if he knows his mate died then he would understand that he has to accept Allie or someone like her as his mate and move on instead of waiting for this dream he so badly wanted.. Moon Goddess was probably punishing him for some sins he had done he felt.

He was so exhausted after uncovering this information that he just slept on the chair in his study.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------A/N: Dear readers, what do u think is happening? is life really unfair to Alpha Cam or is there a secret by Sia's father which is waiting to be uncovered? (Alpha Cam's personal library collection is as seen in the pic above)