Lost and Found

I could feel somebody shaking me, and I could hear words, but I couldn't make out what they were or who was saying them. I didn't really care who it was though, I just wanted to be dead. Maybe they would kill me.

I heard crying, and I felt somebody's warm arms around me. Demi? I wondered, but then I remembered, Demi was too busy to care about me.

"Cece please wake up." The person sobbed. "I like you, I really really like you. You're beautiful and you have a really big heart. I want to get to know you. Please don't go. Please please be okay. I love you."

I didn't know where I was, or who I was with. Nobody loved me enough to tell me that. I must be dead.

"It's me, Avie. Don't leave me. Please don't leave me. I can't go on if you do this." Her crying was breaking my heart. I hadn't realized she cared about me that much.

What I was afraid of happening was happening. Avie was already attached to me, if I die now, she'll be heartbroken. I had to open my eyes, I had to speak, I had to live.

"I'm sure she'll be okay honey. Let's just get her to the hospital." Another woman spoke. I didn't want to go to the hospital. What if they found out I was trying to kill myself? They'd send me away.

"A-Avie." I stuttered. Talking was exhausting, and I still couldn't see. "I-I'm scared. I can't see. Everything's dark. W-where's Demi?" I choked out, without remembering that Demi didn't care anymore. It hit me over and over again. I was so used to going to her for comfort. As soon as I walked out those front doors and she didn't come after me she left me. She abandoned me.

"Cece!" Avie exclaimed. "I-I thought you were gonna die. Oh my god." She stroked my cheek. "It's okay, we're in the car right now going to Demi. Mom go to their house. Don't worry. You're going to be okay."

Relaxing a little, the pain began to set in. It hurt to breathe, I didn't know if I had been hit by a car or if I had just landed on my chest wrong. I assumed I had passed out but the details were cloudy. I hadn't eaten enough in a long time (and kept it down) so that would explain things. I winced as the car stopped and my body moved.

"Does something hurt?" Avie asked, continuing to stroke my cheek.

"Mhm." It was getting hard to breathe, and I didn't want to waste my energy on talking.

"My moms getting Demi right now." Avie whispered, as she continued to hold me and stroke my cheek. "Keep breathing." She must have noticed how irregular my breathing was getting.

"Demi's not here." I heard a woman say, I assumed the woman was Avie's mother.

"What do you mean she's not here? She has to be here! We were supposed to be picking them up now." Avie yelled, I could hear the panic in her voice.

"We need to get her to a hospital. We can't take chances, we just need to go." Her mom stated calmly, I heard her buckle her seatbelt and close the car door. "I'll call Demi when we get there. Her door was wide open but nobody was home."

"D-demi." I cried. "Kenna. Something must be wrong." I whispered, wincing in pain. Why else would Demi have left so quickly? Kenna must be dead. Just like I should be.

"I'm sure everything is fine baby." Avie grabbed my hand. "What hurts?"

Baby. She called me baby. If I hadn't been in such pain, I would have freaked out.

"Breathing." I squeezed my eyes shut, trying to deal with the pain. "It really really hurts. It's getting worse." I cried, whimpering.

"It's okay. Shh. Don't think about it. What can I do?" I could hear her crying despite the fact that she was trying to stay calm for me.

I just shook my head. There was nothing she could do. She couldn't take away my physical pain. My head hurt, breathing hurt, I felt sick, and I was physically weak. Emotionally, I was feeling everything at once, and I wanted to hurt myself. I dug my nails into my wrists until Avie noticed and uncurled my fingers.

"Cece stop. It's okay. If this is as bad as things get, you're doing fine. Shhh shhh. It's okay."

My vision began coming back, it was blurry but at least I could see. The first thing I saw was Avie. Her perfect face. She combed my hair from my eyes as I fought giving into the exhaustion.

"Stay awake." Avie whispered. "Mom hurry." She hissed.

When we got to the hospital Avie's mom carried me in. When I was moved it made the sharp pain in my chest worse. I was seen immediately, and I got oxygen as soon as the doctors took one look at me. It helped a little but my pain was still awful.

"We found her collapsed in the middle of a road. No I don't know what happened..." I heard Avie's mom answer to a doctor.

"Get her to radiology." The doctor turned to someone else. "She needs a CT - and fast. Go."

"D-demi." I cried, as they took me away on a bed. I needed to know what happened. What was wrong that made her leave so quickly?

"You'll be okay! I'll find Demi!" Avie yelled. "I love you!"

"I love you too." I whispered under my breath, even though I knew she couldn't hear me. I wanted to cry. The pain had gone down some but that just let me think about how I should have been dead.

"So you ended up unconscious in the middle of a street?" The other doctor bringing me to radiology asked. I knew he was trying to piece it together.

"I-I was just going for a walk and I fell." I cringed mentally. That was so not believable.

"Well you can explain more when psych comes to see you. Now I'm just going to transfer you onto this table and I'll strap you in, and it's just going to move you into this machine to get a picture. You aren't claustrophobic are you?"

"No.." I lied. Of course I was claustrophobic, and with everything going on in my head -Demi, McKenna, Mackenzie, Avie, my failed suicide, the pain that I was in... I needed drugs. Couldn't they just knock me out or something?

He transferred me onto the table and started the machine. As soon as I started moving I started crying hysterically.

"Cecelia? Hold still." The technician said through a microphone.

"Demi." I gasped for a breath. "I need Demi. D-Demi. Please get her. Please. I need her."

"Cecelia just a few more seconds... Oh look at that." I could see the doctor through the class turn to someone else while reading something off his phone. "There's a missing girl on our property. Mackenzie Lovato."

___________________________

Okay so their ship name is going to be Cevie (if Cece survives 😉)