Police

I had two options right then. Option one was to jump out the window, and the less desirable option two was to face Demi.

I decided to go with option two, mostly due to the fact that McKenna was still in my room, and I didn't want to scar her for life in case I died jumping out the two story window.

"Kenna I'm going to go see what Demi wants... you might want to go to your room..."

She smiled at me and walked off, almost in a, "you're so dead" kind of way. She may not talk much but she sure has attitude.

God I love that kid.

Back to Demi though.

I've had a lot of people mad at me, I can usually lie my way out or back talk them. So I'm not too worried. But I'm not sure what Demi could want. Maybe she's so mad she'll send me back to the adoption center. Is that wrong to hope?

I nonchalantly strutted down the stairs.

"Yes Demi?" I asked in my most angelic voice.

"WHAT THE FUCK WERE THESE DOING WITH MACKENZIE?"

She held up my box of cigarettes.

Well fuck. That's where those went.

"Gee why don't you ask Mackenzie?"

"IM NOT PLAYING GAMES. NOW CALL ME STUPID BUT I DONT SMOKE AND IM PRETTY SURE MY FIVE YEAR OLDS DONT SMOKE SO WHERE THE FUCK DID SHE GET THEM?"

"Well, if you insist, stupid, That's classified information."

"YOU FUCKING BRAT. IM SEARCHING YOUR ROOM."

She stomped up the stairs and flung my door open, my heart racing.

If she finds my secret stash I'm dead. She'll take it and then I'll... I'll... I'll just have to kill myself.

After Demi was done tearing my room to shreds, luckily, not finding a thing, she seemed to have calmed down.

"I'm not one to lose my temper-"

"Wait really? That's laughable."

Demi glared at me.

"If looks could only kill Demi..."

"Cece Kenzie got expelled for the cigarettes."

"Oh no! Your angel daughter got expelled from kindergarten? How will I live?"

"Can you try to act like you care?"

"It's her own fault for going through my stuff."

Demi looked beyond pissed.

"Find Demi tell me what happened."

"She brought them to school and pulled them out. The teacher had to explain to the whole class what they were."

"They're kindergarteners! That's not a big deal!"

"Well apparently it was. Because they got a bunch of angry phone calls from parents and now Kenzie's expelled."

Too bad Demi didn't know that her other daughter was being bullied to tears at that same school.

"Look Cece, I know you're having a hard time right now, but you can't smoke anymore. That's a strict rule now."

"Okay." AHAHA yeah right.

"I'm going to have to call our parents about this."

"Okay." Good maybe then I can finally go back to the adoption center.

"Let's go eat. I'm starving. We can finish this discussion later."

"I'm not hungry." Automatic response.

"Cece you know I have to ask..."

"You actually don't. You're mad at me now so you shouldn't."

"Im not mad! I'm just upset! I don't want a bad influence on my daughters! I don't want you smoking either!"

Bitch just crossed the line there.

"Let's go eat." I had to get out of here. And it won't happen until I eat.

"Just tell me. Did you eat lunch?"

"Yup." Please I wasn't even conscious during lunch.

"I'm proud of you." Stop saying that.

I'll cut later.

I sat down at the table with the twins and Demi. McKenna smiled at me, and for a second I forgot everything.

"Hi girls." Demi tried to lighten the mood.

They laughed.

"Mommy you sound funny when you're angry." McKenna stated.

I had to laugh at that.

"I do not!

"Do too!" Mackenzie fought back.

I stopped listening after that. I had to disconnect myself so I could scarf my dinner down. I had plans to purge anyway. Hehe.

Once I finished I rushed into my room, with Demi chasing me.

"Cece!! Wait! Can we finish talking? Please don't harm yourself!"

I packed my bag full of my usual necessities and slung it over my bag. I pushed open the door and ran out of the house, as fast as I could.

Demi bolted after me for awhile. I could hear her screams.

But I lost her eventually.

I don't know how, I've never been a runner. But adrenaline works well.

I found my way to an alley where I purged in a trash can.

To relax I had a beer, but that turned to more and more. I couldn't stop myself until I finished them all. Somehow I also managed to smoke the rest of my weed.

I don't know how I let myself get this bad.

This isn't me.

I used to be so against drugs. I told myself I would never drink. But now I'm 13 and look what I've done.

I've screwed up with Demi and with my parents.

I'm in a hole so deep I'll never get out.

I don't even know me anymore. Who am I? What do I like?

All I know is that night, I was the most drunk and high I've ever been.

I couldn't stand or walk, just sit there and scream.

It felt awful, overwhelming.

That was when I looked up and saw the flashing lights. I was surrounded.

Don't worry if you don't like me. I don't like me either.