Doctor

"Cecelia? Can I come in?"

I cringed at my mom's use of my full name. I was still a little angry at her for getting up and leaving, whether she was upset or not. She should be able to deal with me.

"Okay."

I glanced at McKenna who pointed at her bracelet before leaving the room.

I just need to stay stoic. No emotions. Don't upset her. I repeated to myself.

"Sweetie... I love you so much. I don't want you to think I can't handle you or deal with this. I've done it before and I'll do it again. But it is hard for me- and that's okay. My love for you is getting me through it."

"Okay mommy." I hugged her. But really I knew. She was lying. She couldn't deal with this.

"I know you aren't going to like this. But it needs to be done. You have a doctors appointment today-"

"What? No? They'll find out!"

"I already called them baby. We need to make sure you're healthy."

"They're going to get police involved!"

"Sweetie it has to be done. We are going to talk to the police about this. Don't be scared because I'll be right there with you."

"Mommy no! I want Demi." I felt tears welling in my eyes.

"Demi can come too baby. I promise everything is going to be okay."

Later

I considered fighting to go to the doctors appointment but I didn't want to cause a scene. Suicide was no longer an option because I could never do that to McKenna. So I had to suffer and go to the doctor. I'm petrified.

Demi was driving and we were sitting in silence. I told my mom that I didn't want her to come. It would be too awkward.

"I don't see why I have to go. It's been months."

"It's important to just make sure things are okay."

I glared at her. My heart was already racing and I was feeling panicky.

"It's going to be okay." Demi grabbed my hand.

We arrived at the clinic and walked into the waiting room. We were immediately whisked into a room at Demi's request.

*MAY BE TRIGGERING*

Seeing the chair with the stirrups was terrifying. I'm not going to make it through this. Demi rubbed my back.

"Remember when the doctor comes in to tell her your concerns. She's very understanding."

I couldn't choke a reply out.

Suddenly the doctor walked through the door. She was a tall woman with curly brown hair and glasses. She looked intimidating.

"Good afternoon Miss. De La Garza." She stuck her hand out. I stared back at her and reluctantly shook hands. My palms were sweating.

"I understand you have a few concerns you'd like to discuss. Go ahead, I don't bite."

"Um when you start the exam... What if I need to get up or I need you to stop?"

"Just say so. You're in charge here."

"Ok um." My face reddened. I tried to choke back the tears that were falling much to frequently now. "I'm just really nervous." I gasped for air and felt Demi's warmth around me.

"It's normal to be nervous. But I promise that you are fully in charge and whatever you need let me know. I will explain everything and we will get you through this fast and easily."