Don't Go

"Okay school is taken care of now. McKenna, I want to talk about what happened at school. But first I need to talk to Cece. So can you go play with Kenzie, Kenna?"

McKenna turned around and stared at me. I nodded letting her know I would be okay. I've missed this sort of... friendship? Can I call it that? Do I actually have a... friend?

Demi snapped me out of my pleasant thoughts.

"Cece....."

"I'm leaving now."

I got up to leave. Demi kicked me out last time I was here. She obviously doesn't want me around.

"No wait. Sit." She pointed to the couch. That dreaded couch.

"Demi no I need to go."

"I called our parents. I'm driving you home."

Damn she was good at this. Hopefully my "parents" don't realize I didn't have a half day.

"Oh."

"Please just sit."

I finally gave in and sat on the couch. Except I sat as far away from Demi as possible. She hates me after all.

"You don't need to be nervous around me. Do I make you uncomfortable?"

Why the hell could she read my every emotion? My cheeks went bright red. I put my head in my lap.

The hope was that I would wake up from this nightmare. Or fade away.

I felt a hand on my back. It rubbed up and down. And up and down.

Demi didn't say anything. We sat in silence for a long time.

I finally decided to make a run for the door. I could catch a bus somewhere... And end it all.

When I picked my head up I caught sight of Demi's eyes. They were right in front of me.

In that moment time stopped. I felt like everything would be okay. Her eyes showed so much strength and hope.

That had me thinking, maybe.. maybe I can recover...

But because this is my story and we are talking about me, Cecelia, that moment was short lived.

Good thing I caught myself before I let my wall down.

I stood up quickly but I was met with Demi grabbing my arm.

"I saw that Cece."

"What are you talking about?"

"You know exactly what I'm talking about."

"I don't."

But I did. Demi can read me more than I can read myself.

"I saw the hope in your eyes. The desperation. You're not the emotion-less person you think you are. You proved it with how well you treated McKenna. That was love."

"That wasn't love! That was just helping you out!"

"Don't fight it baby girl."

"I'm not fighting anything!"

"Look. I know that you didn't have a half day at school. But our parents didn't realize that was a lie. So how about if you agree to open up to me and embrace your recovery, I won't tell, and you won't have to go to treatment."

"Really?" I was speechless. This was great! No treatment, and I get off with lying?

"I'm hoping you say yes because I had Eddie drop your bags off a little while ago."

"Thanks Demi."

She hugged me and I hugged back. For now my wall was down..

But it wasn't long before I remembered how difficult hiding things from Demi was, and I began to regret my decision.

"Don't think you're off the hook though. We have a lot to talk about. I'll let you rest for today. But first thing tomorrow, we are talking."

"I don't think so."

"You promised. If you don't talk to me, you're going to have to go to rehab."

Why was Demi so good at this shit?

"Fine." I gritted my teeth at the thought.

"And I have tons of rules for you." She smiled an evil smile. "Here's a list. Read it and let me know if you have questions?"

Demi's Rules

1. You will be expected to eat 3 meals a day. I will watch you eat each meal.

2. Bathroom trips will be monitored. (That's a nice way of saying I'll be watching you if you go to the bathroom up to 2 hours after a meal) :)

3. Your room will be searched daily.

4. No drugs or alcohol allowed in the house, or anywhere near you for that matter.

5. You won't be home alone.

6. You won't be allowed out until I know I can trust you.

7. You will be 100% honest with me.

8. Anything else I say goes. No questions

"What the fuck Demi? I might as well be in rehab!"

"Well okay, I can make a few phone calls." She smirked.

UGH

"Hey by the way, I think you have a friend over there."

McKenna's head was poking out from around the hallway.

"Why don't you go play with the twins?"

"Okay."

For once I decided to listen. I headed up the stairs to hug McKenna, with a smile on my face.

But that's when I remembered, my blades were still at home.

....