Forgiven?

I woke up dripping with sweat, my entire body trembling. Demi was holding me.

"K-K-Kenna." My throat felt as if it were closing. I rocked back and forth, trying to break free of Demi's grip. The pain shot through my body, the pain of loss, causing me to scream louder.

*May be triggering if you self harm*

My scissors tucked into my pants, I yanked them out and dug the blades into my wrist.

Demi flung the scissors out of my grip, she was speaking to me, which was odd. But I guessed that her daughter's death made her forgive me. I couldn't hear her voice, all I could hear was my own cries and my heart racing. With her sweater she wiped the blood that was trickling down my scarred wrist.

"Cece calm down. Look at me. I'm here. Kenna's here. Everything's okay baby girl." She brushed my bangs back, sticky with sweat, while I tried to focus on her voice.

The burning sensation of the cuts on my wrist was the only thing I could live for in that moment.

*trigger warning over*

"Cece look around. We talked about this. Grounding techniques. Look at me. Remember where you are."

"No I can't! Because Kenna's dead!" I yelled, digging my nails into my wrist, pissed at Demi for being nice when she was so mean earlier.

"Baby listen! She's not dead. She's fine. She's okay."

"No you're lying!"

"Come see baby girl." She wiped my tears and held my hand. When my feet hit the ground they collapsed. I was exhausted. Demi dragged me across the hall, into Kenna's room. I couldn't bare to look at Kenna. She was dead after all, right?

"See sweetie. It was a dream."

"A dream?" I croaked. It hit me. I had been dreaming.

"You fell asleep in her room while you were waiting for her to wake up from the seizure. I brought you into our little room so you wouldn't wake up."

"Oh." I looked at Kenna. I looked at the monitor displaying her heart rate. She was alive. Very much alive.

"My bestie!" I laughed. "I love you." I hugged Kenna lightly. She still seemed so delicate.

At my touch her eyes opened. They seemed to smile at me.

"Are you feeling better?" She blinked yes. "Any pain?" She blinked no. "I love you so much bestie."

Demi walked over to her and played with her hair. "Tired baby girl? You can sleep."

"Mom's here to get you Cecelia." She didn't look up at me.

Why was she so nice before and now so cold? I thought she had forgiven me.

Maybe she was never going to. Or maybe she did. Maybe she forgave me and she still loved me but she realized she didn't want me around. I was a burden after all.

-------------------------------------

Short chapter because the next one is long.

But c'mon guys, if I was going to kill off Kenna it would be a lot more dramatic. And plus, the medical inaccuracies in her death... of course it was a dream!!