Chapter 1

My feet trudged along the sidewalk as I walked home from another day of "school". I didn't exactly attend most days... but that's a story for another time. My cheek ached from the bruise my lovely boyfriend had given me. But my only thought was how I was going to get home and cover it before anybody saw. Welcome to my life.

My name is Cece De La Garza. Now you probably only caught my last name right? De La Garza? Before you ask- because everybody has to ask- yes I'm related to Madison and Demi. Yes the Demi Lovato. Now can we please get over that slight detail? Madison is 21 now. She's in college in Southern California. And Demi is 30. She's divorced from Wilmer and has twin 5 year olds, Mackenzie and McKenna.

I'm 13 years old. You're probably wondering right about now why you've never heard of me. Well Dianna and Eddie adopted me 3 years ago. At the time the whole world saw it as such a wonderful thing for them to be, like they saved me. But in reality I was perfectly fine where I was. My biological parents dropped me off at a home for girls when I was an infant. And I stayed there for 10 years. The owner was like a mom to me, and I had plenty of friends there. Some left, some stayed. But life was simple and I was happy.

I punched the code in on the gate and walked up to my house. Luckily Dianna and Eddie weren't home. I threw my black backpack on the floor of my bedroom and took my bulky dark green jacket off. I walked into my bathroom and covered the bruise on my face. My long, dead straight blonde hair jumped out at me. I want to dye it so much. My dark brown eyes stared eerily back at me.

I threw on my sweatpants and changed into my favorite black hoodie. My phone buzzed as I got a text from Demi.

From: Demi

Hey Cecelia. Just wanted to let you know that I'll be in town with the girls tomorrow. Hoping to be able to see you. Love you <3

Ugh. You're probably wondering why I'm not excited to see my sister. Well she was with Eddie and Dianna at the adoption center. They had their eyes on sweet little Lindsey, the blonde haired blue eyed angel of the place. But Demi insisted they pick me. With my ripped black jeans, oversized black hoodie, and tangled hair, I don't know what she saw in me. But after that I was basically forced into going home with Dianna and Eddie. Don't get me wrong, they have always been very nice. Don't think that I'm horrible to them either. We are good and I love them, no matter how much I miss my old life. But I just can't seem to forgive Demi. I'll be honest, I was pretty hostile with Demi the first few days I was adopted. I think she caught on to my resentment because she left. She tried visiting a few more times but I just locked myself in my room and refused to come out. I can't face her. Yes I forgive her now, and how I acted with her the first few days after I was adopted was ridiculous, but I'm too embarrassed to face her now. The last time she tried to visit was almost a year ago, though she never brought her kids, and she texts me once in awhile. I don't reply. I know I'm a horrible person.

As for Madison, she's cool. We see her a few times a year but she's busy with college and shooting movies during the summer.

I put my headphones in and turned the volume up.

"Cece! We're home! Come have some pizza with us!" Dianna yelled.

My heart skipped a best at the mention of food. Currently I haven't eaten in 3 days and I don't want my fast to end yet. The fact that Dianna's mom, Dianna, and Demi all struggled with eating disorders makes skipping meals and purging in peace difficult. But I have my ways.

"Coming mom!" I made my way downstairs and sat at the table. I scarfed 2 pieces of pizza down with a huge glass of water.

"Well I gotta go mom and dad. I'm going over to Tyler's house. I'll be home in an hour or two."

"Honey do you want a ride? At least let me pick you up." Eddie was always worrying.

"Daddy I'll be fine. But sure I'll text you." I hugged him before walking out the door.

Now don't worry, I'm going to purge that pizza. My boyfriend Tyler invited me over earlier. When I say invited I mean told me to come over- or else. Tyler hits me. I can't tell anyone though because he's threatened to burn my house down if I do.

I arrived at his house and excused myself to the bathroom where I was able to purge. When I exited Tyler brought me up to his room.

"So babe. I have bad news."

"Oh." I tried to hide my excitement.

"I'm moving to New York. So we are over. But I needed one more night with you. Come lay next to me."

I did as I was told. No sense in getting slapped. He turned towards me and we made out. Sure it was against my will, but it's not like I wasn't used to it. After a few minutes he yelled at me to leave. I rushed out of his house and began the walk back to mine.

I felt a sense of relief. Tyler was leaving forever.

Once I got home Dianna and Eddie were surprised to see me back so soon. I told them that Tyler was moving and they were upset for me. Obviously they don't know about what Tyler is really like. After assuring them I was fine I went back to my room.

A few hours later Dianna and Eddie told me they were going out for a movie and dinner date.

I grabbed my bottle of vodka hidden from my closet and took a swig. I went into the backyard and lit a cigarette. I sat there smoking for a long time before I went back inside and got rid of any evidence. I then headed into the bathroom and reached for my blade under a broken tile. After I cut for awhile I cleaned myself up and went to bed.

Lecture me now if you want. I drink, smoke, cut, starve, purge and do drugs if I can get my hands on some. I'm not happy and I never will be. I absolutely hate myself. I know, I'm a trainwreck. But there's no turning back now.