III

I look at them and I try to process what to do next but nothing

I look at them and I try to process what to do next but nothing. Nothing will come out.

I quickly close the door and I look at Marzia.

"Cover for me!!! Please" I shout to her as I run away in these stupid heels.

She gasps.
"But—-".

I run to the nearest staircase and I take my heels off. I hold it in my hand and I keep running down until I get to the lobby.

I finally make it and I am running out of breath. I push open the door and I put my heels on so no one would suspect anything.

I walk to the entrance to leave as I try to fix myself.

The running from the 10th floor to the lobby was not easy. I see people sitting and standing in the lobby. The guy at the front desk sees me and gives me a confused look.

I stop and look at him. He's staring at my heels, shit I accidentally broke my heel. My heart was beating too fast and me trying not to run into Giovanni or my boss had my head too distracted.

I try to play it off, so I take them off. I walk barefoot out the door to go outside. I see Luca leaning against the car door of some car. I groan.

What the fuck? I can't run anymore, I am seriously tired.

I look around and I see one of my coworkers, Daniel.

He walks my way to head inside and I stop him. I stay in front of him so I'm blocked from Luca's view.

I smile.
"Hi Daniel, can you do me a favor?".

He nods.
"Sure".

"Ok good. So there is someone across the street leaning against a car and I don't want him to see me. But don't look at him! Just can you take me to my car in a way that we look like a random couple. Just pretend with me".

He nods and weirdly agrees to it but I didn't care at the moment.
"Ok let's do this".

I nod as I wrap one of my arms around his waist. He stays on my side that Luca could see as I am walking beside him. I try to stay glued to him so he won't see my face.

I can't believe I am basically side hugging my coworker.

We get around the corner and I am happy that myself decided to park around the corner today.

"Thank you Daniel, I know this was a bit awkward but you are a lifesaver".

He winks at me.
"Of course Vivian, anytime."

I smile. Daniel is literally the most sweetest guys I have worked with. Everyone can depend on him. If Giovanni was like Daniel, then maybe I would consider his proposal but he isn't. I know it and I can feel that he is never up to anything good.

Daniel goes back inside and I get into my car. I look at the time and I groan. I am really missing work right now and I could possibly get fired for this but I don't even get why he would be there, especially talking to my boss.