IV

I pick up the files and I look at the Moretti file

It says that our company has made some deals and exchanges with the Moretti family. My boss is very close with Giovanni Moretti, Luca Moretti, Axel Costa, Vincenzo Mancini and surprisingly Cassian Herrera.

So Giovanni knows Cassian? Why? How are they even connected?

I know Axel, Cassian and Vincenzo were at this club with Elio, Enzo and Romeo but their names aren't on this file.

I knew Giovanni wasn't up to any good and I just said yes to marrying him. Could I possibly be marrying a killer or whatever the fuck he could be?

I still don't even know what the Morettis do for a living.

Do I even want to know? That's the question.

I put the files away and just write down all the key notes that I need to. I can't investigate or go into this any deeper or I could get fired.

And I like the pay that this job gives me. I try to keep my calm and let the day flow as if nothing has happened.

My break finally rolls around and I decide to head to a nearby shop to get a dress for tonight.

I take Marzia with me for a ride and we look around all the choices.

She comes to me with this red dress and smiles.
"This would look fucking hot on you, try it on".

I look at it and it's hardly much material.
"That looks like a rag, where's the whole dress".

She smiles.
"It's meant to be small so it expands as you put it on. This is the dress for you, and maybe you will get someone".

I smile.
"Speaking of that, we should talk about hottie".

She gets excited.
"Oooo ok let's talk after WE get this dress, I won't let you go from not buying this dress".

I roll my eyes and gives up.
"Fine I will buy it".

We go to the register and buy the dress. As we head to a small cafe for lunch.

We order our lunches and sit down.

"Ok now who is he? Tell me everything".

I sigh.
"I don't even know where to begin. But let's start, the "hottie" is my soon to be husband. As you know Sicily has crime rates that went up and everything is just chaotic. My mother and I have been struggling for awhile ever since my father died and she had to pick up a few jobs. Since she used to be a nurse, the "hottie" used to come in with his family member and got to know my mother well. My mother one day, stressed, told him of our struggles and he proposed the idea of him getting to know me and marrying me. Which in turn would gives us a better life and benefits. No more struggling basically. But now I found out my mother is dying and I need to get married to a man I hardly even know".