XXXV

After a little deal with Giovanni, I was taken to what I think is his house

After a little deal with Giovanni, I was taken to what I think is his house. Well soon to be ours.

I have been staying in a room. A room that only I have. Giovanni likes to invite his whores during the night time and say they are clients.

I am pretty sure clients that wear lingerie are whores. They come in and out which I'm guessing is going to be our married life as well.

I only agreed to such deal because of Cassian but also myself. It is the only way to save myself from such despair.

Being his wife will be the death of me but something I will have to endure.

I didn't think my first marriage would be wasted on such a man. A man that is insane and evil in his ways.

I haven't seen Cassian since he told me I meant nothing to him. I think about him everyday and it is the only thing keeping me sane. I know I should be angry with him forever but I know this isn't him. It's Giovanni's doing all the time.

Mikhail and Dimitri feels like traitors to me. I can't believe I slept with him and he betrayed me in the end.

I sure have a taste in men. I stay in the room mostly just seeing the days pass by like if it's nothing.

As I slip away downstairs, I see a person's back facing me. I look at it and I see that it's Cassian.

Surprised to see him to be honest. I say nothing as I go to the fridge and grab water. I get a cup and pour it into a cup.

I can't feel his eyes on me like he used to do. It feels weird but I guess it's the way its supposed to be.

I put the water back and I grab my cup. I pause as I go to walk and I hear him finally speak.

"Be ready for tonight. He has an event and you need to be by his side" he orders.

I look at him.
"I have nothing to wear remember, I was practically forced out of my house".

He nods.
"I will notify him, just be ready for questions and whatnot".

I nod and I walk off. We are back to our old ways.

Officially.

I head back to my room and I sit on the bed. I look at the ring on my finger.

Giovanni given me the ring yesterday which makes sense for tonight. I look at the ring on my finger and I see the diamonds.

It reminds me of my mother's ring and the love that came with the ring. When I look at this ring, I feel nothing. Absolutely empty about it.

I hate it and I know that in the end it will be worth it. I hear a knock on the door and I open it.

There are women with racks and racks of outfits, I sigh as I realize this is how I would need to choose my outfits from now on.

It's a duty as a mafia wife of course.

One woman smiles at me and I nod at her. I look through them and every dress was just too revealing for me. It wasn't what met my liking but I remembered that with me rejecting it, will come with punishments.

So I grab one and I thank them. They leave behind accessories and shoes.

He has my size and I was surprised that he even knew. I shake it off and I head to the shower. I get ready and see my hair tools that he had given me.

He basically stated as his wife, I need to "look like I have beauty and standards, that I look classy" especially if I am going to be by his side. Honestly sounds like him being a dick but I can't say much on that.

I sit down at the mirror as I look at my skin and my hair. I take a deep breath and I smile as I know that is what I need to do.

I start on my makeup and I do my hair lastly. I practice my smiles to look genuine and that I actually tolerate Giovanni.

I could feel my happiness slip away slowly everyday. Then seeing Cassian just now made it even worse.

A reminder of my life before this hell.

I hear my bathroom door open and I see Giovanni standing there wearing a black button down with black pants. His hair is slick back with his stubble growing on his face.

He looks at me up and down.
"You look better when you are dressed up. Should do this more often after we get married?".

I scoff in my head and I stay quiet.

I stand up as I see that I need to get dressed.
"Can you give me some privacy? I would like to get dressed without an audience".

He looks at me confused.
"But I am almost your husband. Shouldn't I see what's mine?".

Why can't he just do me this one thing? I'm literally marrying him so he can take everything that belongs to my father but he won't let me get dressed in peace.

"Please Giovanni, I just want to be alone".

He nods.
"Fine you are lucky, I am in a good mood".

He leaves and I feel way better knowing he was gone. I untie my robe and it falls to the ground. As I pick up the dress, I slip it on my body and it was certainly something I would never really wear because of how expensive it looks. But it made me feel different, like a bought whore.

Kidding.

I put on the shoes next and I skip the accessories. This already is too much and adding more only adds to how fake this all is.

I walk out of the bathroom and I see Cassian at the doorway. He is in a tight black shirt with jeans and just the sight of him makes me even more nervous. I try not to stare and I look down.

"So... when do we leave?" I ask.

"In a few minutes, you should've worn the necklace as well. You need to be the example as his wife"he says sternly.

I shake my head as I finally look him in the eyes.

"We are here against our will to act accordingly for him. I can't wear anything else that makes me less of who I am".

He stays silent and I sigh.
"I know.. you DONT care. Why waste my time?".

I walk past him before he grabs my wrist and pulls me to him. I gasp as I fall into his chest and I look up at him.

"What are you..?" I ask before he silenced me.

He takes my lips with his and I stop.

"Cassian... we cant.." I gasp.

He looks down at me and nods.
"We can't but I needed to. I have to do my duty for the Morettis but I couldn't resist one moment of not doing that".

I shake my head and I back away.

"I thought you didn't want this. I meant nothing to you..." I let out.

He looked at me before he looked down. He looked as if it pained him to say any of those things.
"I had to say that, I had to force myself to let go to put on a show for him. Giovanni wasn't happy with our relationship and he forced me to forget about everything. So this is my last time doing this.. with you".

Before I can speak, we hear footsteps and I see that it's Giovanni. He looks at us and Cassian walks away.

He looks at me and my dress. He smirks and puts his hand out.

"Shall we?" He says.

I take his hand before I nod silently.

Hope y'all enjoyed a new chapter! We are almost done with Bound to Desire. Can't believe how far it has become! Comment and vote :)