XXXVII

Wedding day

Wedding day.

The week ended so quickly before I can look at the time. The day is here and I can hardly breathe. It feels like yesterday my world was turned upside down when my mamma told me I had to marry Giovanni Moretti to help us financially.

The man I will forever loathe.

I stand in this white dress with a veil down my back. My hair in an updo and makeup plastered on my face. Showing myself as a woman that will be married off to a man that no one can tolerate.

They must think I am crazy.

Don't blame them.

As I look in the mirror, I know my mamma would know I wouldn't have wanted this, especially with everything I now know. That the man at the end of the aisle should be Cassian.

Not Giovanni.

But he is strong, feared and wealthy. So it makes it right?

I take deep breaths and Sierra walks in. I smile as I finally get to see her. Since I have been stuck here, she hasn't been allowed to see me.

Rules of Giovanni and Axel. I hug her tightly and she holds me tightly as well.

"Oh my sweet Vivian, I know this isn't what you want. And I hate this.." she says.

I nod.
"Yes but I have no choice, we both have known this from day 1".

She nods sadly.

"But I just want you safe, I honestly wish it was far from here. I know you love Axel but he isn't right for you. He killed my mamma...".

She looks at me confused. She clearly didn't know.
"Wait..he what?".

I nod.
"I know it's hard to believe but he did. He is too loyal to Giovanni and I don't want the choice of him or you to become a command. You need to leave from here.. and I will help you".

She shakes her head.
"But Hunter... he needs his father. Vivian... he is good.. he couldn't have. Why would he hurt all of what we had for loyalty?".

I can tell she was confused but hurting from what she just found out.

I shrug.
"I don't know.. but all I know is he has another side to him. I just want you and Hunter safe, please leave when you have the chance Sierra".

She starts to cry.
"I.. can't... I just found out I'm pregnant. I wanted a family, a lover, a happy ending. Now it's all gone.. and he didn't think to... I can't believe this".

I hold her and I try not to cry as well.
"I know... but come on Sierra, this world is never safe. We both know that. And ...congratulations, I hate that you told me this way but you need better, way better".

She nods and wipes her tears.
"I know and I'm so sorry he hurt your mamma. I didn't think he would actually do that to someone he knows I loved. Mamma was like my own and to know he caused pain, while being in your presence is what hurts me. He lied to you and I".

I look down and I try to forget everything because this wasn't the time for it.

"All we can do now is move on the best we can" I assure her.

She nods and puts on a straight face. She fixes her makeup real quick as she did cry and I helped her. We kept giving each other hugs, assuring that we will make it together. Sooner or later.

We give each other final looks and I put on a slight smiles .

"It's time..." I say.

She nods and we go downstairs. As I take every step I take a deep breath to keep myself calm. This is something I never expected in my life but ever since mamma died, my life has been nothing but surprises.

As I come to the end of the staircase, I see Cassian in a suit and the other men by his side. Axel with no expression on his face as usual and Sierra walks right past him.

He watches her walk past and his eyes goes to me as if I killed the only thing he had, as if he knew I told her the truth. But it was entirely his fault, not mine.

As I stand before the entrance to the long aisle before me, I looked at Cassian and his eyes were already there.

I looked deep into his eyes and we could tell that this is something we wish wasn't happening.

I try to not let a tear fall out of my eye as I turn my head to look forward. I take a deep breath as I start walking forward. There were random people I didn't even know in the seats watching me walk towards him.

That's when I saw Mikhail and Dimitri. They had no expressions on their faces and they just watch me walk by.

I look at Giovanni and he is just standing there waiting for this to be done so we will be forever tied down to each other.

I walk slowly down the aisle and I keep thinking it is Cassian instead to at least be a bit satisfied about this.

I nod and as I reach to Giovanni, he grabs my hand and brings me in front of him. I look into his eyes as he looks into mine.

I start to feel bothered by all of this and I try not to back out of this. But I want to, so badly.

I start to feel myself look down at my feet and I keep my gaze there.
Until I hear a gunshot and I see that it was Giovanni that was shot.

I feel his grip on my hands loosen as he falls down to the ground. I see blood splatter on the dress and I gasp.

That is how everything sunk into my mind that this wasn't a dream. He actually was shot.

The crowd sounds panicked and I see the men grab their guns from under the chairs. Definitely a mafia wedding.

I shake my head as I can barely move and I feel a hand grip my wrist. I look up and I see Cassian, he looks at me and nods.

I nod and I go with him. As I look back, I see Giovanni's lifeless body on the ground.

Part of me is very happy.

I run behind Cassian until we get to a van. We jump in and I look at him. He has his gun in his hand already ready.

I notice someone was driving the car and I see Francesco. This makes sense.

As he takes off I grab Cassian to me and I kiss him with everything I have.

He kisses me back and grabs tightly on my waist. We don't stop kissing and I feel myself so in shock but happy as well.

Until I look at him again.
"How..?".

He tries to breathe after that very aggressive kissing and look down.

"I had to ...kill him but I needed help of course. Good thing I am good friends with a Spanish mafia leader".

I chuckle.
"But they.. will know. You are giving up everything right now. How can you?".

He shakes his head.
"After every day I spent far from you I realized you are my duty, my forever duty. You are mine Vivian".

I smile and I kiss him. He tries to start taking off my dress and as much as I would love that, I can't with Francesco in the front seat.

I decide to kill the silence as we keep each other's paws off each other.

"I heard about your lover Francesco" I say stirring up some drama.

He looks at me in the rear view mirror.
"Everyone knows my lover, she is pretty known in Spain but I know Cassian updated you on it".

I nod.
"As much as I hardly know love and I am still learning with Cassian, I felt your connection with her. Don't give up on her".

He smirks.
"Trust me I don't give up".

I smirk back.