XI

We left my place and headed back to theirs

We left my place and headed back to theirs. I had some things for my little stay but the fact that Giovanni and his men raided my house bothers me.

The fact he couldn't respect our space bothers me, yet no surprise there.

I think about telling Cassian about finding the check but I realize keeping it to myself is better. So I keep my mouth shut.

"Well let's leave" I suggest as I start to walk out.

He nods and we leave. We head to the car and he drives back to the place. We stay quiet most of the ride of course because what is there really to talk about.

I look out the window observing the trees and the scenery as we pass by it. I take small deep breaths as I try to stay calm.

Everything has been a disaster in these past few hours and honestly I wish I could take it all back.

I will forever hate Giovanni and I will get revenge for my mother, when the time is right.

We arrive back to the house and I walk inside with my things. I feel a hand grip my wrist and I look back at Cassian looking at me.

"Be careful" he says randomly.

I snicker.
"The nonchalant guy is telling me to be careful, funny how that works out".

He lets go of my wrist and nods.

"You are right, never again".

I nod and I walk inside. I head back to my "substitute room" for now. I start to unpack a bit and I take another look at my father's prized possessions.

I look at the passports and they are old of course since my father did die a long time ago. But to know that the passport for mamma is no longer necessary or will ever be used hurts my heart.

I try not to cry as I look at the check next. I see the logo of my father's company along with the amount of the check. A lot of euros of course and this brings up so many questions of what happened with my father and possibly Giovanni.

I hear a knock on my door and I quickly go to hide the stuff quickly.

"Uhhh I am coming.. hold on!" I yell as I race around the room finding a spot in the closet to quickly hide it.

I run to the door and I open it a bit. I see Sierra standing there and she winks at me.

"Was I interrupting your alone time? Your buzz buzz time" she says as she smirks.

I look at her in confusion.

"You know... SEX TOYS" she rolls her eyes.

I gasp as I hit her arm.
"No.. I wouldn't do that here. Or ever, my mother raised me to be a good Christian".

She smiles.
"I loved your mother but you need to get some. You don't want to be a nun, do you?" She laughs.

"It's called being abstinent, nothing wrong with it" I roll my eyes as I laugh.