XIX

It's been two days of being home, starting to get back into the groove of things

It's been two days of being home, starting to get back into the groove of things. Still training myself from all the tactics Mikhail taught me. Preparing myself for the time that I can be ready.

I go down the stairs as I hear a knock on my door. I go to it and I check the peephole with a knife on the side of my right leg, under my pants.

I see Cassian. What the fuck is he doing here?

I open the door and he just stares at me.
"What do you want?" I ask.

He walk in all suddenly without asking.
"I need a favor since I am keeping your little secret after all".

I roll my eyes as I say sarcastically.
"Of course you do. Didn't think blackmail was your finest trait? Good to know".

He chuckles.
"As I was saying, my favor. I need you to come with me to Barcelona".

I look at him confused.
"Why?".

"Because an ally of mine by the name of Alexis is having a party, which I need to attend. Need to see how things are going on over there".

I roll my eyes.
"So get a whore or an escort then. You don't need me" I say as I walk to the kitchen.

"I do need you actually, out of all the women that throws themselves at me, you are the only one I actually tolerate" he says.

"Lucky me" I say sarcastically.

He comes closer to me.
"You were never this sassy with me before, why now?".

I get closer in his face more, I say with a blank expression.
"Because I changed and realized you are an asshole. You don't care about others and honestly maybe you only care about yourself."

His smirk drops and his jaw clenched at my comment.

"You never once cared about how your so called leader treated me and my mother so why the fuck should I care about your trip?".

He walks away from me and stops as he gets by the front door. His head turns to me and his eyes seem disappointed.

"I did fucking care, I searched all of fucking Europe for you, without Giovanni knowing. I made up lies to get him off my trail, so he wouldn't suspect anything. But as I said you are the only woman I tolerate and see strength in. Just...forget the favor".

He storms out and shuts the door behind him. I thought Giovanni ordered him to search for me. I guess they heard wrong. He actually cared...

I feel stupid now for being a bitch but then again I never knew what he was doing for me. How was I supposed to know he fucking cared?

I quickly run out of the house and I see his car about to drive off. I run to it and bang on his window to stop him.

"Wait! Wait!" I yell.