XLI

As we departed from Spain, we make our way to America

As we departed from Spain, we make our way to America. We decided that Europe wasn't enough for us right now especially being on the run. Also since we have done most of Europe.

Also we both wanted to see what the American life entailed. It would definitely be an adventure.

As we sit in the airport, I look at his face and admire how much I have fallen for him.

Seeing his face everyday brings me joy and I don't think anything else can.

We knew having a family and anything else beyond wasn't ever going to happen for us. We have too much going on to focus into that. As much as kids are delightful at times, I could never compare to the mother, my mother was.

She was the best even when she pushed me the hardest. I knew she only ever had good intentions for me and I appreciated it.

I just wish she had gotten to meet Cassian.

I wish everyday that they would've met.

He would've loved her the way that I do.

"What is wrong?" He asks.

I look him in the eyes.
"Nothing at all".

He shakes his head.
"I know that is a lie, tell me bella".

I nod and I smile at him.
"I just wish you would've met my mother, it would've been perfect".

He nods.
"I have met her before, but it was very short."

I shake my head.
"No I mean as this... us. She would be happy that I finally found someone but also that it is someone who I completely love".

His eyes becomes soft and I realize he also felt the same.
"Vivian, I wish my family could've met you. They would've been confused on how you deal with my stubborn ass but that I have someone as amazing as you".

I smile and I try not to cry. I wrap my arms around his neck and I pull him closer.

"I will forever love you" I whisper.

He smiles.
"And I will forever love you Vivian".
~~~~~~~~~
We landed in California. We thought of New York since Francesco is familiar there but Cassian said he loves California. And he wanted us to go there first.

I feel the warm heat caress my skin and I smile as it made me feel a bit in Sicily. But of course it could never be the same.

We catch an Uber ride and it takes us to some place. Cassian said it's a surprise and he knows it is my first time.

So he covers my eyes with a blindfold. I gasp as I feel it and I try not to smile at the reminder of them on my eyes.

I smile.

"Naughty girl" he says.

I blush and I sit back for the whole ride. I really wanted to know and I don't think I can really wait that long.