XII

"I don't know what you mean, I am not hiding anything" I say still confused

He starts to walk over to me slowly.
"I know you found what you were looking for in your parents' room, I know you have the money".

"What does it matter if I do or not?" I start to get defensive.

He shakes his head.
"It doesn't.. to be honest. I do have Giovanni's back and always has in this business but this... is wrong. Forced marriage isn't my thing and his reason for why he needs you is beyond fucked up. So I won't tell him you have it but all I can say is be careful, he has no limits to what he can do".

I scoff.
"You know I appreciate the warnings and for not telling him. But seriously no one can really talk to this guy and put some sense into his head? It's fucking ridiculous!".

He shakes his head.
"I know you are from a small town but the mafia doesn't work that way. We need to be the most ruthless people that we can be. Without limits or boundaries. But we have rules we do follow, that is all that matters".

I shrug.
"Yeah whatever you say".

I walk away. Honestly this is all bullshit and I didn't ask to be in a tug of war that happened years ago between Giovanni and my father. Somehow my mother and I got caught up in it and suffered the most.

I head back to the room and I lay down. I start to think about it and I think of a plan. I need to start over, run away from this bullshit.

Be apart from who Vivian is. Be better.

I smile as I think of the plan and I wait as the hours goes by. I hear a knock on my door and I groan.

"Come in" I say.

The door opens and it's Sierra. She looks at me and close the door behind her.

She comes to the bed and sits down with me.
"How are you feeling?".

I look at her.
"If you are wondering if I am sad or not, don't worry".

She looks worried and looks down at the bed.
"I will always worry, now you haven't even left your room in hours".

I shrug.
"Guess I am not in a social mood".

She looks away.
"Ok fine. But we will be in the back hall. If you need anything, come join us".

I nod.
"Fine".

She gives a warm smile and leaves. I immediately get up and start packing all of my things. I make sure I have the passports and the check with me packed at the bottom of the bag. I make the room a bit of a mess to make it seem like I'm still in there, I stuff the bed with the pillows to make an imprint of my body.

I am sorry Sierra but I can't tell you where I am going.

I grab my bag and I walk down the stairs slowly. I hear nothing and I know it's clear to go. I head to the front door and I open it slowly. I get out and I look around the front yard. This is very easy to just leave, SHOULDVE done this a long time ago.