XXV

I sit up as I wake up

I sit up as I wake up. I check the clock on the nightstand.

9am

Why am I up so early? I usually wake up around 11 or 12. I know it's late but to me that is early.

I look down and I remember about my cash that I have left over. My uncle offered me money once I got back to Sicily but I kindly declined.

I want to get a job but it's hard to really blend in and not have one of Giovanni's men see me. Eventually I will need money and I need to think of a way to get it without being seen. I changed my hair but that still isn't enough.

I walk out of the room and I go to the kitchen for water. I grab a glass and fill it up with water. I take a sip as I hear a bit of shuffling.

I gasp as I see a body in the kitchen. I look at Cassian's sweaty body and he is drinking from his water bottle.

"Uhh.. morning. Didn't see you there" I say.

He comes closer and stops at the kitchen island.
"Morning. And that is bad, need to be more aware of your surroundings".

I roll my eyes.
"I am".

I finish my water and I hear his water bottle hit the counter as he puts it down.

"What did I say about rolling your eyes?" He says.

I put the glass down and I turn around to face him.
"And what did I say about telling me what to do? I won't listen to you. Now I am going back to bed".

I quickly wash out the glass and I walk away. He grabs my hand as I walk away and pulls me closer.

I try not to hit into his chest.
"You are sweaty, let go".

He chuckles and I feel his hand come to my cheek as he caressed it.

"I know this is weird and not what I would do with any woman, but Vivian I can't help myself" I hear him say.

I look him in the eyes as his eyes looks comforting but lustful.

"Exactly, it is weird. You are friends with the enemy, I am already stuck here so just leave me be" I push away and I walk away to the room.

He doesn't stop me.

Part of me expected him to stop me but he didn't.
That was a selfish way of thinking, but part of me liked that he felt some way towards to me.

But he's right, this is weird. He wants nothing to do with women. Why now?

I sit on the bed as I think of taking a nap or going around the house as way to kill time. I choose nap instead since the other one sounds like a lot of work.

I lay my head on the pillow and I immediately close my eyes. I fall into a deep sleep, letting all my troubles and worries go away.

I am woken with yelling and I jump out of my sleep. I sit up slowly and I try to wake myself up.