XXIV

We arrive at some complex

We arrive at some complex. It was in the city area but very secluded.

"Why take me to a place that Giovanni will most likely come to? It defeats the purpose of not even going into that club" I say.

He stays quiet and gets out of the car. He closes the door and comes to my side. He opens my door and puts his hand out for me to take it.

I hesitate at first then I finally take his hand. He pulls me out and close the door behind me as he presses me up against it. He looks down at me and stares deep into my eyes.

"I know what I am doing Vivian and I need you to stop talking back".

I roll my eyes as he guides me inside the complex. We head to the elevator as we get inside. The doors close as I can see all the buttons of the floors.

He presses the 80th floor button, that is so dangerous in many ways but I won't say much about it. Like what if there is a fire and you need to escape but can't cause he's so high up. Anyway that's not the point right now.

As the elevator goes up, the silence speaks for itself.

It was awkward and quiet. Waiting for him to fill the silence was like waiting for pigs to fly.

I lean against the wall as I watch the numbers of the floors go up. I look down at the floor and I think deeply.

My life would've been so normal if my father never knew Giovanni. I guess everything happens for a reason. I just wish this reason was not this.

The elevator stops at the 80th floor and it dings as the doors open. Cassian walks out and I look around before I walk out.

I see an empty space with a fireplace and furniture. Which I am guessing is going into his living room.

This is his place.

I can it was decorated by him by how dull and plain it is. But I knew he bought everything.

This business really does make a lot of money by how his place is literally a freaking condo.

I stay still as I see him turn the lights on and everything becomes clearer in my eyes.

His condo has a view of Sicily and it is so beautiful. I smile as I can see the sun fully setting and the lights shines throughout the whole city.

"Why am I here Cassian?" I ask.

He looks at me.
"Because I need you safe until I know nothing will happen to you".

I laugh.
"It is Giovanni for crying out loud, I will never be safe. You are wasting your time and breath".

He rolls his eyes.
"I know what I am doing".

I walk away and I look around.
"No you don't, you will see that letting me go is the better deal. But of course you have this dumb idea in your head that you can help me in a situation that is already fucked".