VIII

As I'm sitting at my desk, I have replaying in my head that Cassian carried me to the car that night

As I'm sitting at my desk, I have replaying in my head that Cassian carried me to the car that night. I know it's not a big deal but to know that I was dressed like that and he had to carry me. I feel bad because he has been doing too many favors for me.

I told Axel to let him know I said thanks since he told me that Cassian is out of Italy right now.

But I didn't mean to faint, just what Giovanni did to me reminded me of my past that I try so hard to bury but he triggered me.

I knew he never had good intentions but mamma is now in the hospital and I won't stress her out with this. I won't do this to her in her final moments. She needs to die knowing that papa was a good man.

That's the least I could do for her.

I work on a file and I start to think about the wedding and moving arrangements. Part of me really doesn't want to do this but to fulfill mamma's wish. I hope she will be alive when it comes so she can at least see me walk down the aisle but part of me feels like it might not happen.

Papa died before he could see the milestones of my life and I hate that he missed it. I hate it so much.

"Vivian you have a visitor, should I let him in? He's very hot also" Marzia says as she opens my door.

Ughh Giovanni again.

"Yeah let him in" I say.

She nods and leaves the door cracked a bit. I look at my file as I check off the numbers that I have put into data.

I hear the door open and I keep writing as I look at the numbers.

"What the fuck do you want Giovanni?" I say annoyed.

"Fuck. Good thing I am not Giovanni, that was a bit harsh" I hear a voice.

I look up and I see Cassian. What is he doing here?

I look at him stunned and I sit up properly.

"Uhhh.. what are you doing here? Did Giovanni send you here?".

He shakes his head.
"No he didn't. He doesn't know I am here, he will probably find out but it doesn't matter. I just got back in town and decided to come here first. I need to tell you something, something I shouldn't tell you but you deserve to know".

I look at him a bit scared.
"Umm sure, go ahead".

"Giovanni has a file on you and it has everything on you. Seems like you were a plan all along, he has information on money you have stored under your name. Money that your father stored" he says.

Money?

I look at him confused.

"I knew you would react that way that's why I decided to tell you. You have 100 billion dollars under your name, which is why Giovanni wants to marry you".