XXIX

I have been here for awhile and still no changes to anything

I have been here for awhile and still no changes to anything. Cassian hasn't told me of anything and when I bring up Giovanni he comes up quiet.

What is going on? And what is he hiding from me? I wait for him to come back to the condo and in my head, questions are stirring.

The curiosity grows every time I contemplate what I would say to him as he arrives.

I don't want to say the wrong thing to him but I also want the truth.

I hear the elevator doors open and I know it's him. I stand up and I walk over to the elevator.

Instead I see Sierra.

"What the.. what is going on?" I ask.

She looks worried and breathes out.

"He knows Vivian. Giovanni knows you are in Sicily" she mumbled out.

Shit. Shit.

"Wait how? There's no way, I stayed discreet like Cassian told me to" I rush out my words.

She shakes her head.
"I am not sure, but you should leave. Now!" She rushes over to me.

I look at her.

"Sierra, I cant run from this. He wants me to do that exactly. He wants me to be afraid and I won't give him that satisfaction".

She rolls her eyes.
"Ughh you're still stubborn after 2 years, come on Vivian! Face reality and understand that he is someone who won't stop. He will come for you, you ran away from the marriage and he wants what's his. He won't back away from this".

I nod.
"And that is the exact reason I left. I went to Russia to learn about this fucking mafia shit. I get it now and it means that you need to do anything to survive. Which is exactly what I will do, survive".

She looks at me and smiles.
"I am proud of you. But I also care, I have seen him at his worst and it's nothing something to just ignore so easily".

I smile.
"I know and I got this. Don't worry".

She hugs me tightly and I hug her back. Feels like old times.

"Where is Cassian anyway?" I ask.

Her smile goes away.
"He's stuck with Giovanni, they are both looking for you".

My eyes goes wide.
"Wait.. why didn't you tell me from the beginning?! Now I actually have to go, he can't know that I was here. I won't let Cassian get in trouble for anything".

She looks at me confused.
"Since when do you care about Cassian?".

I sigh and looks her.

"No fucking way... you're fucking Cassian?!" She gasps.

I look away.
"Why are you shocked?".

She smiles.
"Because the woman I knew wasn't ready to give anything up since you were all about your mamma. Which I respected but you needed to get out there".