XXXVIII

Running

Running. That is what we have been doing for the longest now. Ever since Cassian and Francesco blew up the wedding by shooting Giovanni, we are on the run.

As much as Cassian wants this to be normal, it can't.

We are too deep into it now. My destiny since whenever my father made it, was to marry Giovanni Moretti but I changed that destiny cause of love. Real love.

I want to say that this love is fake but with Cassian it's raw and real. We are like magnets that comes back to each other even when we shouldn't.

Would my mamma be proud? I hope so.

After Francesco dropped us in Milan, we landed at some hotel. I knew at that point of everything I have done with Cassian, I shouldn't be uncomfortable. But not uncomfortable in a bad way, just one where we have never been this alone from everyone.

I feel like I just ran away from home with a boyfriend and my mamma would kill me for it. But there shouldn't be any worry, this is our lives starting now.

As I sit there on the hotel bed, I look at Cassian cleaning his gun. I was in a bath robe with my bloody dress on the floor. The people looked at me weird in the lobby almost scared.

Cassian had to make sure no one reached to any authorities or whatever. We can't risk the Morettis knowing our location.

As I look at my hands just fidgeting, I remember that I won't ever see my home again. Sierra, her son, her unborn child and my distant family.

It's now gone.

I feel a hand on my knee and I see Cassian crouched down in front of me.
"We did the only thing we could do, don't be ashamed".

I shake my head.
"I know.. I know. I am not ashamed, just tired".

He nods.
"Get some rest, we have to leave tomorrow anyway. I know this is all challenging and you just left your life like that but it's the truth now. I won't ever leave you again, I hope you can say the same".

I nod.
"Of course I can say the same, I won't leave again".

He kisses me and I smile. I kiss back and I wrap my arms around his neck pulling him in.

He grips my waist tightly and I moan into his mouth. He stops me and I look at him.

"He never touched you.. right?" He asks.

I looked at him confused.

Oh.

"No he didn't, I didn't and would never allow Giovanni to touch me. He almost forced me a few times but I guess some small part of him resisted. Which was the weird part but I got lucky..".

He looks at me as he agrees.
"Cause I would've done more to the fucker if he touched you. I still don't like that he forced you at times but I couldn't spend any more time with you stuck there. This plan was sudden and Francesco was all in. He knew this was right as he would do the same for Rosalía as well".