XIII

"So what are you doing here Julio?" I ask

"Well it's apart of my job to make sure these boxes makes it safely to Russia as I see that you are heading there as well".

I nod and smiles.
"Yeah just to get away and have a fresh start".

"Italy is that bad for you now, want to escape us?" he jokes.

I shake my head.
"Just the people."

He nods.
"I understand Vivian. Wanting to run away from your own people and keep running for what you believe where you belong. I understand that".

"You aren't from here, are you?" I ask.

He shakes his head.
"No I am originally from France but my father was Spanish so I get that I look like I'm from Spain a lot".

"So what are you doing here in Italy then? You work with cargo or whatever?".

He laughs.
"I am in the mafia sweetheart, thought you knew that since you are on one of our ships".

I am on one of the... their what?

"Mr. Rizzo is.... in the mafia".

He nods.
"And he's my adoptive father as well".

"Oh wow... umm should I even be on here? I don't want to get involved in any business that ends not very well".

He laughs.
"You are just fine".

"Also aren't the Italians and the Russians on bad terms?" I ask.

He shakes his head.
"Well not completely but if they know you are with us, I am sure they will be very accepting of you".

I start to feel more relaxed and he guides me to the higher level of the ship.

"So when are we leaving? It's almost 12am and I need to leave soon" I ask a bit worried.

He smiles.
"Soon, also don't worry. You sound stressed".

I take a deep breath.
"Just alot to handle".

We get on the higher level and I meet with this huge hall. There are benches and chairs even a bar. This is very fancy may I add. I see this bartender and I decide to go up to him.

I sit down on the stool and I see him mixing up some drink. I turn my head to some guy sitting 3 seats down from me and a smirk creeps up on his face and his eyes automatically goes on me.

"Hi Vivian" he says.

I look at him confused.
"Do you know me?".

He nods.
"Well not exactly, the boss did tell me to greet you and make you feel comfy on this trip".

I nod. I was about to say, I have never met him before. But after all this chaos anything is possible at this point.

I grab my drink as the bartender hands it to me and I see the guy get up from his seat. He walks away and leaves.