XXVIII

"How are you? How's Dimitri?" I ask

"I am fine and he is fine, well kind of. That's the reason I called. I know when you left Russia, it was the end of us but I am not sure it could be the end" he says.

"What do you mean?" I ask confused.

"Well Dimitri got into very bad trouble, we need to flee and our best option is Italy. We were thinking Spain but I know you said Italy is better. And it is also where you are".

I smile a bit.
"Well first I am sorry about that, sorry that you have to flee but remember you will have to learn Italian".

"I already know it princess, very skilled if you seem to forget" he chuckles.

Very skilled indeed.

"Well when are you coming? I can't really help you in my situation but I can recommend where to go" I assure.

"I thought you handled the guy?".

"I was going to but this other guy, I know.. hee got in the way so now I have to do things his way. I don't know maybe it will all come to plan".

He goes quiet.
"A guy? What guy?".

"Cassian, the friend of Giovanni. Cassian is the good guy but he is trying to help me in his own way. All I could do now is trust his word".

He chuckled.
"Interesting. Anyway I'll be in Italy in a week. Be on the lookout princess".

I blush.
"Will do..".

I hang up and my eyes goes wide. Wait... I have been fucking Cassian this whole time and he's coming.

Mikhail is coming. Shit.

Shit.

Shit.

What the fuck do I do? They can't meet at all.

I try to think of a million excuses to use for trying to get away from Cassian whenever I need to see Mikhail but knowing Cassian, he won't let anything get past him.

I just know it.

As I look back at the files on the desk, I remember that it's not important. Mikhail's arrival is more important.

I leave the office and I head to the kitchen as I prepare coffee for myself.

I use the coffee machine as it gets ready to brew the coffee. I tap my fingers against the counter as I deeply think about Mikhail and Cassian accidentally ever meeting.

Different scenarios of how it could go.

Mikhail was my first but Cassian is my best. It's already awkward for me just thinking about it.

I don't want to compare them but they are the two guys that are in my life that I never expected to be in my life.

2 years ago I became a woman with no family and was lost. Russia changed my insight on my life but also who I wanted around.