XXXIX

5 years later

5 years later...

It has been 5 very long years just being on the run. It has been a pleasant journey but definitely refreshing. We have traveled almost everywhere but we do miss Sicily at times.

We are in Alaska right now in our temporary home. After we left Milan that time, we decided to use the money my father gave me. I realized that every location we go to, we put it towards our living situation and it has been going great. I was able to use the money the whole time but I just didn't even know it existed until it was brought to my attention. We had to sneak to Sicily to get the money verified after we left Milan.

Every single day I remember that this money changed my life in many ways that to this day I still don't understand. Cassian doesn't understand but hopefully one day we will get answers.

Throughout the five years of us living together we never really talked about our future of any kind. Meaning that we never discussed marriage or taking our relationship to the next level. We haven't really been able to tell each other, but we love each other I guess in our own ways but we haven't said the words, I love you yet.

I know usually it's crazy to say that we should've already said I love you since it has been more than five years, but I guess Cassian and I have our own trauma that stops us from releasing the words. I hope one day it will all change, and that we will feel comfortable with each other to say the words.

I walk out to the balcony, and I admire the views, as I usually do. As I lean against the railing, I feel a pair of hands wrap around my waist. I smile knowing that it is the man that I love. Every single day I just wanna say the words to him, but I'm scared that he may not feel the same.

I feel him turn me around and I come face-to-face with him. I stare into his alluring eyes, and I smile, as I see him smile back.

"I love you Vivian.." he says.

I gasp. Wait is this happening..?

He smiles.
"I know it has taken me this long but I have never said the words before. I never really understood those words and I must say you are my actual first love. My first and I intend to be my last."

I smile and I nod.
"I love you. I have from since that day you made me dye my hair. The way you have been by my side this whole time made me fall for you and I can't let go of you".

He smiles and picks me up. I squeal in excitement and I hold onto him.

"I'm not going anywhere bella".

I smile.
"Good".

He smirks as he finally does what he does to me. After our exchange of love you's, he fucked me then made love to me on the balcony.

Oh how our neighbors must hate us a lot.
~~~~~~~~~~
I get up from the bed as I head to the kitchen for some water. I grab some as my hands feel weird, I look at them as I see a ring on my finger.