XXXII

"Well I just witnessed the most confusing things ever and I want to be clear that my nephew is being careful of what woman he spends his time for

"Well I just witnessed the most confusing things ever and I want to be clear that my nephew is being careful of what woman he spends his time for. As much as we have cared for you Vivian, Mikhail is my family first and I need to make sure he is being smart" Dimitri says sternly.

I nod in understanding.

"Which I respect and I would never want to hurt Mikhail, but I'm not fucking them at the same time. That's absurd, you guys just got here".

"Which means nothing, you two could've done it just a few minutes ago".

Cassian turns to me and he stops eating, like if he has lost his appetite all of a sudden.

"No, Mikhail and I did not. Also my sex life isn't a subject for dinner time" I try to avert from this topic.

He nods as he looks at them both.
"Cassian I know you are fucking Vivian, it's obvious that even an idiot can spot it. And Mikhail, I told you Italian women aren't for us Russian men, too much conflict especially for our kind".

He drops his fork as well, he looks at his uncle.

"As much as I appreciate it Dimitri, I can look out for myself. Whatever Vivian does is her business, I have learned my place now. I have apparently grown full so I will go now. Goodnight".

He immediately walks back upstairs leaving an awkward silence between us.

I look back at Dimitri and he has no expression on his face. Before his eyes connects with mine.

"I understand you are young Vivian, but Mikhail has always had people who he loves end up leaving him. Don't break someone who has been broken before. Spare him now" he says coldly as he usually does.

I nod and I can feel Cassian's eyes on me.

I keep a deep breath and I head up to the room.

I knock on the door and silence.
I knock again.

Nothing.

I knock again and a door swings open. Mikhail pulls me in fast and closes the door. Pushing me up against the door.

I stare into his eyes and then his lips.

As I stare, the memories flows back in. My heart feels everything that myself felt not that long ago. But it's different, to say this now. It's changed and I never thought it would.

"Mikhail, I loved our time in Russia and at the time you were all I cared about. I am serious and I will always mean that. Leaving you behind hurt me so much but coming back home opened wounds I ran away from.

I never expected you to come here but I should've told you the truth. I thought I had time to figure it out. This was all a rush".

He looks at my lips as well.
"I understand and if you just told me, it would've saved me the trip on coming here. We could've went anywhere else but knowing that I have nothing to come to here... fucking kills me Vivian".