XIV

*Disclaimer- If you are Russian and my wording is off, please let me know.*

It has been two hours

It has been two hours. Two hours of learning Russian with Mikhail and my head already wants to explode.

"I don't know if I can continue to be honest" I say.

He smirks at me.
"As the Italian woman you are, this should be easy".

I shake my head.
"Russian is way harder than Italian. I know English and Italian, I don't know if Russian can be my third language".

He shakes his head.
"That is nonsense. You are here now, knowing Russian is a must now.. let's continue".

I smile.
"How about this? I learn Russian and you learn Italian".

He looks at me with darkness in his eyes.

"Conosco già tesoro italiano" he says.
(I already know Italian sweetheart)

I gasp in shock.
"How..?".

He smiles.
"I just do, now let's continue".

I groan.
"Fine".

"Привет. Меня зовут Вивиан Марино. И вы?"he keeps reciting over for me.
(Hello. My name is Vivian Marino. And you are?)

I say it and he nods.
"Отличная работа".
(Good job.)

We go on and on for as long as can. This will certainly be a challenge.

A few weeks pass by and we got out more. I got to see Russia more and the people. The people were certainly cold to me but some were welcoming. I have also adjusted to the coldness.

My Russian has gotten a bit better but there are still a few cracks in there. I try to communicate with Mikhail and Dimitri in Russian instead.

They say I'm the first Italian woman they have met to quickly learn Russian. I have been trying to get a job to earn my own money and buy a new phone.

It has been so great to know that I'm no longer in the control of Giovanni's demise.

I feel free. Really free.

I walk in the town as I see this older woman in her shop. She is sitting down in the front and bending down to attend to the messed up clothes that are on display.

I quickly run over to her and I help her. I pick it up and arrange it for her.

"О спасибо большое дорогая" she says in a trembled tone.
(Oh thank you very much dear.)

I nod.
"Удовольствие мое."
(My pleasure)

She sits back down in her large coat as she coughs a bit. She is in this cold weather alone attending to her business. I look at her.