VII

"Since our family is known for being involved certain mafia families, like an omega to an alpha

I had a sister, your mother. She had you and everything changed.

She didn't want you apart of the chaos we have continued for years. She wanted you to be successful on your own, become a fucking doctor or businessman".

I hardly remember my parents to be honest. They were always away. I remember staying with the Valentinos one time and that's how I got to know Francesco, at the time when his parents were still alive of course.

I used to know Mr. And Mrs. Valentino really well, Francesco wouldn't know since I'm a bit older than him but I remember them well. They were feared by many but they sure knew how to survive in this world. They were stronger together, never apart.

"So why didn't they get out of it? As you can clearly see, I got involved with this world. I work with Giovanni Moretti" I say.

He nods.
"Giovanni Moretti, Italian right?".

I nod.
He laughs a bit.
"Figured. You Italians are ruthless, but have been in this game for a long time. The name Moretti sounds a bit familiar but I think your parents were more involved with the Italians, where I was here in Spain".

I shake my head.
"I know but how did this shit start? Where did they go? How could she and my father just pick up and leave their only son?" I ask getting annoyed.

He shrugs as he sits down.
"Your mother and I were never close. She had her secrets and of course I still have my own secrets. She never shared them with me and I respect her choice not to.

As for how it started is simple. Your mother and I were raised in some house, our parents became divorced so we spent most of our time with our father. He was apart of the Ortega family, working very close with the leader. We were 16 and 17 when our father were killed, our mother just disappeared. No word from her once she saw we favored our father more.

She felt like her duty as a mother was no more. Leaving was her only choice. And I guess my sister, your mother decided to be just like her. I was 17 when the boss of the Ortega family told me I had to take my father's position or we would be homeless. I couldn't put myself and your mother in that position so I took my fathers place. I learned skills and became loyal.

And from that moment I knew I belonged in this world, I never wanted to leave it. Your mother loved it too, the power and being in control. She would sometimes help me out with certain missions and the boss grew attached to her. He and his wife split up, so he made a move on your mother. They started being together and had you. Your mother didn't want you to have the Ortega name so she gave you the Herrera name. But the main reason why she did that was because your father didn't want the fact that he slept with one of his own out there to get back to his ex wife.

His ex wife would get upset and it would just be chaos. Over a few years, they ended up getting married. I still don't know they still did it even though he was afraid of his ex wife but I guess they still did it.