XVI

Why is Mikhail fighting this guy? What is going on?

I look around and it's mainly men. I see them cheering on Mikhail as he punched the life out of this guy. I feel eyes on me and I look as I see Dimitri staring at me. His eyes showed that he was shocked to see me and I knew I was already in trouble.

I look away as I start to head out. He caught me and now I may be killed for walking into something I wasn't supposed to.

I walk down the steps quickly as someone comes into my way.

"Заблудилась маленькая птичка?" the man says smirking at me.
(Lost little bird)

I ignore him and I try to walk past him before he grabs my wrist tightly holding me there. I try to pull away before I see Dimitri walk up.

"Убери руки от нее Иван" Dimitri says in a stern tone.
(Get your hands off her Ivan)

Ivan laughs.
"Босс, она кажется потерянной, я могу помочь ей найти свой путь.".
(Boss she seems lost, I can help her find her way)

Dimitri pulls out a gun and loads it.
"Должен ли я повторяться?".
(Should I repeat myself?)

Ivan lets go of my wrist and moves away from me. Dimitri looks at me and walks past me as he guides me on my way out.

"What are you doing here? How did you even find this place" he asks confused.

I chuckle.
"Next time tell Mikhail to be more discreet, it wasn't that hard to find".

He rolls his eyes.
"You are lucky that Mr. Rizzo is my good friend because you would be dead right now".

I stay silent as the crowd cheers and he looks back. Mikhail walks over with blood running down his abs and he sees me with Dimitri.

His face turns into confusion as he looks angry.

He goes up to Dimitri and he says something that I can't make out from all the cheering and yelling.

Next thing I know Mikhail grabs my arm and pulls me out of there. I follow behind him slugging behind. We get out of the tunnel and on the way back to the house.

I almost trip by how fast he walks and I start to slow down. He stops and looks at me.

"Move faster" he says.

I shake my head.
"What was that? Why did Dimitri say I would be killed if it wasn't for the certain circumstances?".

He sighs and looks at me up and down.
"We are in the Russian mafia, you must have heard the term in Italy right? We were eliminating an enemy who betrayed us. It was my job to have everyone witness his death. Now you are a woman that doesn't belong to the Russians. You are a stranger and our kind doesn't do well with strangers. The language is the only thing that's keeping you alive. Be lucky that your Russian is decent at least".

I scoff.
"If you told me that what you and Dimitri are in. I would've left, the mafia is the fucking reason I left Italy in the first place!".

He walks close to me and I back up.

"Lose the tone. We took you in and gave shelter. Now we have to fucking help you out of shit that Dimitri warned you about!" He throws at me.

I feel his body close to mine and I shake my head.
"I can't do this!".

I walk past him and heads inside. I go into the bathroom as I quickly shower up. This mafia shit follows me everywhere, it's like a ticking bomb.

I feel the hot water running down my body as my mind goes back to my encounter with Mikhail.

The moment was tense but part of it was different. Can't describe it but I felt it somehow.

More thoughts and I make up a decision.

I want revenge on Giovanni and seeing how Mikhail fights, gives me the best idea. I will use him to prepare myself for Giovanni.

He is feared in Sicily, well I will change that.

I will become worst than Giovanni.

I finish my shower and I go downstairs to see Mikhail sitting down cleaning up his bruises. I see him shirtless still and I try not to focus on that.

"I have an idea, help me become a weapon. I will serve Ms. Vladimir and I will make my way back to Italy never coming back".

He smirks.
"You think she will really let you go. She will never let you go back".

I start to smile.
"Actually I met someone who will be able to help get out of here when the time is right. Do you possibly know Julio Rivera?".

He shakes his head as I hear a yes.

Dimitri looks at me.
"What do you need from Julio Rivera?".

"I have a feeling he can get me back home to Italy. Do you have his number?".

He shakes his head.
"His father does."

"I need to speak to Mr. Rizzo, his number please?" I ask.

I can see the hesitation in his eyes before he gives it to me. Wait still no phone.

I will earn the money but right now I need to start preparing myself.

"When can we start?" I say.

He looks at me if I was crazy and he smirks.
"Tomorrow".

I nod and I head back to my room.

I am coming for you, Giovanni.

Tomorrow arrives and I woke up early. I was filled with determination and an objective. Become stronger.

I get dressed and I put my hair up as I look in the mirror trying to realize that this is my life now. Will always be my life for as long as I can get to where I belong.

I head outside and I see Mikhail bandaging his hands. I gasp as I was taken back a bit.

"Please tell me you got hurt and that's why you are bandaging them" I say nervously.

He smirks.
"Nope we are going to train the Russian way, the hard way. So take some bandages because this will hurt".

He tosses it to me and I gulp hard. I start wrapping my hands and I try not to freak out.

I asked for this so no backing out now.

I nod. As I quickly stretch, my eyes started to wonder around on his body and his abs. His arms and his shoulders were built so perfectly that my eyes couldn't believe what they were seeing.

I didn't know Russian men could be so attractive, in their own way.

He walks over to me and quickly punches me without warning. I fall down and I hold my stomach as that fucking hurt.

"I will not go too hard on you but I won't be easy as well. People are ruthless Vivian, you can not be oblivious to your opponent".

I breath heavily for a second and he looks at me. I close my eyes as I got up fast on my feet and I stand up getting ready.

"Let's do this.." I say trying to regain my strength.

He throws a few punches my way at every twist and turn. I try my best to block it and focus on getting my opponent on their back. But I failed every time.

"There is still much needed to learn for you. This will take time".

I shake my head.
"I don't have much time, I won't stop".

He nods and comes up to me. He takes my hand tightly and holds it in his.

"I won't say to give up but don't end up dead. Don't lose yourself, Vivian".

I won't.