VI

I step out of the jet as I land here in Madrid with Elio and Enzo

I step out of the jet as I land here in Madrid with Elio and Enzo. I had these two idiots tag along so Giovanni would think I am here to make some deal with Francesco Valentino. The Italian never goes well with Spain but Francesco is one mafia boss that Giovanni has always taken a liking to.

Trusted his methods and his ways of controlling his empire. He got inspired by Francesco's ways.

I have known Francesco since we were in school together. I had lived in Spain for some time with my parents, they were always involved with the Spanish mafia while I went to the Italian.

We get into the car and drive to one of Francesco's hotels that he owned. I haven't been here in Madrid since I was 25, I am now 34 so it's weird being back.

But I came here for one thing, investigate on my family. See what I could possibly dig up.

"So when are we meeting this famous and well known "Francesco Valentino?" Elio ask.

"Well apparently he has an issue that he is resolving at the moment so he has a charity event happening tonight. There we will meet him, so I would advise you two to try to blend in and don't make trouble".

They laugh.
"That's fair but I know Spaniards can tend to be a bit problematic, we will defend ourselves no matter what" Enzo states.

I roll my eyes.
"Whatever. Just don't make problems here".

They nod.
"I wonder if the women here are really beautiful and better than Italian women" Enzo smirks.

I eventually start to ignore their bickering and I text Francesco that I have arrived.

Tonight will be interesting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
As we check in, service was delivered to our rooms. Francesco has always been known to make a grand entrance, show off how rich he really is.

I get ready for tonight and I open up my suitcase as I look at my weapons. I choose an Alfredsson M200 and an Elling 9mm.

I hear a knock on my door and I see someone I haven't seen in awhile.

Catalina Valentino.

"Isn't this a sweet surprise?" I say as she walks in.

"Nice to see you two Cassian, I missed that voice of yours. My brother told me you are in town for awhile, wish you could've stayed with us for your visit" she smiles.

"Well you know your brother, said he had business to take care of so I couldn't stay".

She nods.
"Yes a very annoying business, he may be the most ruthless guy I know but his heart goes for the wrong people".

"What do you mean?" I ask by her annoyed attitude.

"Well we have an enemy of ours, we have his 'daughter' hostage and I feel Francesco just feeding into this girl's lies".