XXXIII

"Now where I am certainly confused as to why, you Cassian my loyal friend could possibly betray me in this way

"Now where I am certainly confused as to why, you Cassian my loyal friend could possibly betray me in this way. I trusted you and you trusted me. But with the woman I am destined to marry. Why get in the way of that? She is nothing to be honest" Giovanni chuckles the last part.

I see Cassian's fists close up and I pull on his arm a bit signaling to not make a mistake.

"Well what is the reason for such betrayal? You should know us Morettis have a code and betrayal breaks the code. Which leads to punishment and I don't want to do that but my men won't take me seriously if I go easy on you so I'll be hard on you until I get a response out of you".

I look at him as he says everything without a care in the world.

"How can you be so cruel Giovanni? Honestly.." I say abruptly.

His eyes goes to mine.
"Well darling, it's easy. Don't give a fuck and you will see. Now about you, I have been searching for you and I must say I'm proud that you hid well. But.. you trust so easily. Your little helpers sold you out. It seems you hurt Mikhail's heart and he sold you out. That's crazy isn't it".

I gasp.
"That's not fucking true, he wouldn't. You did something to him".

He smiles.
"But he did, he found me and told me. It was so easy, I guess you thought he wouldn't go against you. But for his security from his troubles, he gave us your location. I had a feeling you were in town but I was too busy to go searching. Also Cassian was my eyes for your search and who would've known, that he already knew where you were. Fucking the target is very interesting".

Wow.. I'm a target now.

"But now that I can cross off this childish search, we can get to the real business. My money...which turns out, I have to have actual documentation that we are married in order to get that money. Then I can kill you. I was going to kill Cassian as well but I think you being gone is torture for him already. That will satisfy me".

Cassian tries to go for him but I hold him the best I can and Giovanni sees our interaction.

"Now let's get the show on the road" he says.

All the men comes pushing Cassian and I apart. Cassian tries to fight them off but they grab him. As they come to me and grabs my hands. I try to get away but he held me down tightly. Cassian tries to get to me before they pull me away but Giovanni grabs his neck with a gun to his head.

I gasp as I try to get free but one of the men holds it to my head as well. I stay quiet and I try not to fight back.

"Vivian Marino, if you don't stop. I will not hesitate to shoot Cassian right now" Giovanni warns me and I nod.

I close my eyes as tear rolls down my cheek slowly. I feel myself being taken away and Axel going to search the rooms.

I remember the cheek and the passports but I know they will eventually find it.