XXII

I stayed in my hotel room most of the trip and he never bothered me

I stayed in my hotel room most of the trip and he never bothered me. We are going back to Sicily today and after today I will no longer be around him.

He will get in the way and I don't need that. I need to focus on getting rid of the Morettis.

I finish packing my last piece of clothing and my suitcase is stuffed. I look at the amazing view one last time before I make my way out of the room. I lock the room and I head to the lobby.

I trail my suitcase behind me and I go to sit down. I wait for the car to pull up at the scheduled time as I asked the driver yesterday what time he was coming for us.

I lean against the wall as I see Cassian come out of the elevator. He goes to the front desk probably to check us out.

I see the car pull up and I quickly go to it before he finishes checking out. The driver takes my suitcase and loads it in the trunk. I get in the backseat and I sit down. I wait for him to finish up and he does.

The driver takes his things and he ends up sitting in the front passenger seat. One thing about him is once you tell Cassian to leave you alone, he does.

We arrive to the airport and we get to our terminal. I get out and he hands me my suitcase. He does the same with Cassian and I wait since he was the reason why I got on a plane.

I thank the driver and he smiles. I give him a smile back and I follow behind Cassian.

We walk to our gate as we head onto the jet. This will certainly be a long silent trip but good thing I can be as far as I can away from him.

I sit down in my seat as I wait for the jet to get settled as we are set to go up into the air. I check my phone and I see one message from Sierra. Since I finally got a non traceable phone, I decided to text Sierra.

S: Cassian told me you guys are on your way back. Let's meet at our old spot.

Me: Of course :) see you soon

I put my phone away and I let myself drift to sleep so I can just sleep this silence away.

I start to feel some bumping under me and I see that the plane is landing. Home. Finally.

I wait until we get to our gate so we can head our separate ways. After a few minutes, we are let off and I follow behind Cassian of course. Just hoping he doesn't try to make any conversation.

We get to his car after loading in our bags and I get in with him.

"Thank you for coming in this trip" he says.

"Well I didn't have much of a choice at the beginning did I? But it's whatever".

I see his hand clench the stick tightly and I can see that what I said bothered him but he stays silent. He drives and we arrive to my place. I get out and I get my suitcase from the back. I close the door and I head to my front door. I don't look back at his car. There's no point of looking at him.

I grab my key and I unlock the door. I open the door and I walk in closing the door immediately behind me. I lock the door and I lean against the door.

I let out a sigh and I groan.

"All he had to do was be supportive but no. All this protect me bullshit, Ughh" I groan and I head to my room.

I start to unpack as I did plan to meet up with Sierra. I finish unpacking after 2 hours and I text her that I am on my way.

She lets me know that she is too.

I head out and I make my way to the old spot. I have a hoodie on to conceal myself a bit. My area is hardly busy and everyone is mainly inside.

Always been that atmosphere.

As I make my way there I see Sierra sitting on the bench we used to go to as we snuck out of school sometimes.

We hated high school as we both were the nerds in high school. Well I was mostly and that's why after high school she changed herself to be more sexy and appealing.

I tried to do the same but I ended up fooling myself with the provocative clothing. I tried so hard to be liked, but apparently being smarter was bad in high school.

I sit down next to her and she hugs me.

"It's good to see that you are back" she says worried.

I look at her and I realized.
"Did you really think I wasn't coming back".

She nods.
"You did it before, who said you won't do it again".

That's exactly what Cassian said.

I roll my eyes.
"Whatever. Anyway I am still here, what is wrong?".

She shakes her head.
"Nothing is wrong but he did tell me. Vivian he is right, you need to think smarter on this. Going against the Morettis is not a good idea, you need to be careful about this".

He really was quick to tell Sierra about this. What? Try to get her to convince me out of this?

I shake my head.
"You are my best friend, I would think you would support me on my choice".

She shakes her head.
"It's cause I'm your best friend that I will show you when you are wrong. And you are wrong about this, this could get you killed. You know what they do".

"And why do you think I left? Want to know where I spent these past two years at? Russia! I went there to learn and understand this dynamic. I needed to become one of them. I can handle this, trust me Sierra".

She sighs.
"I trust you but I also want you safe as well. Cassian will handle this, please let him".

I stand up and I laugh.
"You are so corrupted by Axel's dick that you don't see that I can handle this. I am not the same fucking fragile Vivian you think I am. And you certainly can't control me".

She stands up and scoffs.
"First, I am not corrupted by his dick. I am smart about this which you are not. I never said you were fragile Vivian and I'm not trying to control you! I am trying to stop you from making a mistake that you won't get back. I am not you're enemy here!".

I laugh as I get in her face.
"Sure you aren't. Just go back to your boyfriend and your son. Leave me the fuck alone Sierra before I treat you just like Cassian".

I walk away and I head back home. As much as I would've never expected myself to treat her that way, she gave me no choice. She knows how their deaths affected me and she doesn't even have my back on this.

I don't need her pity and I certainly don't need Cassian's.

I guess I am alone on this.