Chapter One

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent."                                                                            Qui-Gon Jinn.

❆ ❆ ❆

*Thirteen Years Later*

"Your mind, clear it must be." Oriel heard her masters voice from in front of her as she sat cross-legged with her eyes closed in the meditation room.

Oriel was trying to use the force to reach into her future, something that her master had perfected and now was trying to pass onto his Padawan.

"I'm trying master." Oriel whined. "And don't you dare say that stupid line that doesn't even make sense." She said before Yoda could get a word in. Oriel opened her eyes after her master didn't respond, to find him giving her 'the look'.

"I'm sorry master, forgive me. It just makes me so frustrated when I can't do things." Oriel sighed leaning her chin on her hand as she picked at the fibers on the cushion she sat on.

"Teach you, I must, to let go of these feelings. Frustration leads anger and anger is a path to the dark side." Master Yoda said standing up as Oriel did the same and walked out.

"Unfortunately, wait this lesson will have to. An assignment I have for you." Master Yoda waited for Oriel to be focused.

"Familiar with Master Qui-Gon and his Padawan Obi-Wan Kenobi are you?" Yoda asked which made Oriel raise her eyebrow.

She had defiantly heard of them before, Obi-Wan was an old friend, a great friend, but Oriel had to force herself away from him as the two were too close and attachment was forbidden.

"Yes I am . . . was Obi-Wan's friend." Oriel had to change her words in order to be truthful.

"Was in deed." Oriel heard all to familiar but charming voice come from behind her. She mentally groaned as she slowly turned around to see the one and only Obi-Wan Kenobi.

"Hello to you too Kenobi. To you also Master Qui-Gon." Oriel replied bowing to Qui-Gon but not to Obi-Wan.

"Please, only my Padawan has to call me Master, I have not made it on the council yet." Qui-Gon said bowing back to Master Yoda and her.

"Apologies. My master has just informed me on my new assignment with you." She mentioned to continue the conversation.

"Great, then we must get going, we are already behind schedule." Qui-Gon said to Oriel, then turning to Master Yoda. "I'll be sure to get her back in one piece."

He smiled and then started to walk down the main hall of the Jedi Temple with Obi-Wan behind and Oriel had to speed walk to catch up to the two.

She notice Obi-Wan occasionally glancing behind him to look at Oriel, almost as if he was making sure she was real, or most likely just making sure she wasn't falling behind.

❆ ❆ ❆

Once they were on the Galactic Republic Cruiser and in outer space, Obi-Wan finally spoke to her.

"I see your still into white." He stated looking at her robes. Oriel had crisp white robes, not cream coloured ones like the other Jedi. Also her cloak was a light grey colour fitted with a slightly darker grey utility belt. She preferred the colour as it had a sense of familiarity, even her lightsaber was white.

Obi-Wan also noticed she still had the white beads in her hair. He knew that some cultures had different traditions and wore beads like that, but Oriel was human so why have them? He never asked though, afraid to offend her.

"I guess I am. I even went all the way to Ilum to get a kyber crystal for my lightsaber." Oriel ignited her lightsaber to show Obi-Wan the wonderful glowing white colour. He looked at it in awe.