Chapter Thirty Four

"You are strong and wise Anakin."
- Obi-Wan Kenobi

❆ ❆ ❆

*One year later*

"Boba would've loved this place." Oriel stated as she took in her surroundings.

"Anyone would love this place." Padme said and she too took in the beautiful scenery she had seen so many times.

The two women sat on a picnic blanket in the middle of a green valley that was guarded by gushing water falls that sprayed Oriel's face when the wind picked up.

Padme wore a brown dress that wasn't too fancy but definitely out shone Oriel, especially with her head piece covering her side buns. Oriel wore an ankle length picnic dress that was obviously white, and she had a crown of white daisies on top of her silk red hair that was pinned into a loose bun.

"You know, I first brought Anakin here all those years ago, just before the Clone Wars started." Padme said with a lazy smile as she daydreamed about her husband.

"You're lucky you get to be with Obi-Wan most days." She said as she looked at her best friend.

"It may seem like that, but really, it's just like another day at work. It's even harder when I'm with Obi-Wan because I'm constantly trying to hide my emotions and sometimes I think I hurt his feelings." Oriel said also getting lost in her memories.

"I'm sorry, that must be hard." Padme apologised for assuming Oriel was lucky for having her husband by her side.

"It would be easier if Obi-Wan actually tried to hide his feelings. Sometimes I feel he wants people to know about us." Oriel chuckled remembering their close calls and times where they actually did get caught, hence why Anakin knows.

"It must be a mutual trait in men who are blinded by love. Even before we got married, Ani didn't think twice to throw his life away for me." Padme laughed lightly.

"Men. Love. Both are just as confusing as each other and even more when put together." Oriel chuckled thinking about how Obi-Wan can sometimes make no sense at all, especially when he's trying to tell Oriel how much he loves her.

Padme was about to say something but they were interrupted by the beeping sound of Oriel's transmitter. She picked it up from the grass and answered it then a hologram of her old Master appeared.

"Oriel, your return to Coruscant is needed." Master Yoda said but something about him was off to Oriel. He sounded urgent yet empathetic. Sad.

"Master Yoda, what's wrong is everything alright?" Oriel asked worriedly hoping a battle hadn't broken out on Coruscant as that would be a great loss in the ongoing war.

Master Yoda swallowed slowly before saying "No. Everything alright, it is not. Inappropriate it would be to tell you over transmission. Talk with you in person, I would like to." He decided to word it and now Oriel was getting really worried.

"Master Yoda if it really is this urgent I suggest you tell me now so I can be prepared when I arrive." Oriel said sternly as she wanted to know what she would be walking into when she arrived.

"My command, your wish is." Yoda took a deep breath before continuing. "Blasted, Obi-Wan Kenobi was last night. Confirmed dead he was, early this morning."

Oriel almost laughed at hearing this. But the thought of amusement vanished completely when she saw the seriousness and sorrow in her old Master's eyes.

"What?" She whispered as she tried to gather her thoughts but her mind was either racing or completely blank. Oriel wouldn't know though as she was took focused in trying to hear what words were coming form Master Yoda's lips but all she could hear was an eerie high pitched sound that racked her brain.