Chapter Forty

"Be mindful of your thoughts Anakin, they betray you."
- Obi-Wan Kenobi

❆ ❆ ❆

*The timeline will not add up to the movie/show*

Oriel woke to an empty space next to her in bed. It was cold so Obi-Wan must've been gone for some time.

Even though she was still disgusted about the way he had treated her the previous night, she still worried for him.

The vision he had made sense with everything else she had been seeing and it frightened her that it was more than likely that it would come true especially since hers were already catching up with reality.

Oriel wasn't afraid to die. She always knew that there had to be more to life than just living, so she never thought of it as the end.

The part that frightened her was that Obi-Wan had mentioned that their child will go with her. She was scared to leave her husband completely alone and burdened with grief for the rest of his life.

That's why she needed to talk to him.

Oriel got out of bed and covered herself in a silk white dressing gown on as the air seeping through the window was still fresh from the early morning.

She didn't know where Obi-Wan had wondered off to. Perhaps breakfast, but she doubted it.

Instead she walked down the halls of the palace and his peaceful force signature lead her to a balcony over grown with greenery. The one she had meditated in on her first trip to Mandalore.

Obi-Wan stood in the very centre, wearing his Jedi robes, and was facing the wall of green with his feet evenly spread to the width of his shoulders, and his hands where placed over one another behind his back.

He closed his eyes gently as the soft wind pushed his growing locks of hair from his forehead. His breaths were perfectly even which was a result of being in a deep sedation of meditation.

Oriel noticed how at peace he looked without even seeing his face, so she decided it was best not to disturb him as he very rarely got moments such as those during the trying times of the war.

"Don't leave." His voice stopped her in her tracks before she could exit the balcony.

"Your presence is soothing." Obi-Wan took a long draw in of air as he soaked in the warmth of his lover.

"I do not wish to disturb you." Oriel could only feel his presence become even more relaxed at the ethereal sound of her voice.

"You could never." His voice was almost sounded as if it was urging her to come closer, or maybe it was just his common nature.

Either way, Oriel walked to his side and instead of looking out towards the vast city of Mandalore on top of the green ledge, she decided to study his face.

She had almost memorised every curve and crease in every cell on his skin, but never once did the handsome face of her husband bore her.

"How long have you been awake for?" Oriel asked after she had let the comforting silence settle for long enough.

"I haven't slept." Obi-Wan answered and she knew why.

"Because of your dream?" She asked trying to approach the matter gently.

"Yes." He said simply and took in another long breath before continuing. "But also because of what I had done." He admitted.

"Obi-Wan, it is no secret that I am . . . discomforted by your actions, but under the circumstances I can understand why you would use such methods to get an answer." Oriel decided it was best to let the situation get swept under the mat as she didn't want to break the blanket of peacefulness that had landed on the two that morning.