Chapter Twenty Two

"Had you said the word, I would have left the Jedi Order."
- Obi-Wan Kenobi

❆ ❆ ❆

"What?"

Oriel didn't believe it, she thought she must have heard him wrong so she just blankly stared at him.

"Oriel you heard me correctly, now please. Marry me." Obi-Wan begged, hearing Oriel's thoughts.

"Obi-Wan." Oriel began and a smile grew widely on her face. "I would marry you a thousand times if it's what I need to do to show my love to you!" Oriel said and pulled his face back onto hers before he could say anything but he pulled away after some time.

"Are you sure love?" He asked not wanting to rush into things if Oriel didn't want to.

"Are you sure?" She questioned at why he would ask her to marry him and then ask if she's sure.

"Of course, I just want to make sure its what my beautiful girlfriend wants." Obi-Wan's face turned into the same glowing smile that Oriel had.

"You mean your beautiful fiancée ." Now Oriel really kissed him, and her smile turned into a smirk.

Oriel slowly leaned back into the bath tub not breaking the kiss and she knew exactly what she was doing.

Obi-Wan let go of her cheeks in attempt to grab onto the side of the bath but it was to late. Oriel pulled him on top of her and he fell into the bath tub with a splash still fully clothed.

"Oriel." He whined trying to left himself up but he slipped back down from the soapy water.

"Don't worry, those clothes won't be on for much longer." Oriel smirked.

❆ ❆ ❆

"Where were you two?" Anakin asked Oriel and Obi-Wan when they entered the transmission room to do their mission report.

"Like I said, I was having a bath." Oriel answered confidently, after all she was telling the truth.

"What about you?" Anakin asked turning to Obi-Wan. "I don't suppose you were in the bath too?"

"Anakin for the last time –" Obi-Wan groaned even though he was very right. "Your merely friends I know, I know." Anakin chuckled.

"So, where were you then?" He asked again. "I was . . . Checking up with commander Cody." He hesitated, Obi-Wan was a little slow on improvising.

"No you weren't. I was talking with commander Cody." Anakin said with his eyes furrowed confusingly and Obi-Wan looked to Oriel for assistance.

"I think what he meant to say was he was talking to commander Rooster. He's just used to saying Cody as he's from his battalion." Oriel improvised but then she saw Rooster in the corner of her eye.

"How come Rooster has been in the transmission room waiting for over ten minutes?" Now Anakin was really confused and he was starting to get suspicious.

"No sir, I was talking to General Kenobi until he told me to come and wait here while he checked up on the rest of the battalion." Rooster butted in.

"Right." Anakin said unsurely looking back and forth between Oriel, Obi-Wan and Rooster.

"Let's get this over with then." Obi-Wan clapped his hands, breaking the silence. That's when Oriel heard Boba start to chuckle as he walked to her side so Oriel stomped on his foot to shut him up.

"Ow." Boba groaned under his breath taking the hint. Oriel then sent a thankful glance to Rooster before a hologram of the Jedi council appeared and they started their debrief.